Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colonial Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 07:33 AM
    80/20 loans and foreclosure
    I bought my house 3.5 years ago on an arm. I am no longer able to make the high payment due to rate adjustments. I have contacted the primary loan company and found that I cannot do deed in lieu of foreclosure due to the 20% lien. Also, I have had the house for sale for months now with no bites. Therefore, I am looking at foreclosure, but am wondering how that will work with the 80/20 situation. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
    Loan_Guy Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

May 21, 2008, 09:43 PM
    You don't say what part of the country you are in, but I would assume (I know.. ) that there are too many houses and not enough buyers. Add that to the fact that your mortgage balance may be more than your home is worth, and you have a problem.

If that is the case, you may want to contact a few real estate offices and find someone who is an expert in short sales. If the banks will agree to it, you may be able to make that work. Potentially someone gets a deal on a house and the banks don't spend the $30-$40 thousand to foreclose on you and then try to resell the property at a possible loss. As a bonus, you may be able to come out of it with your credit marginally intact.

This may or may not be an option in your particular case, but spending a few minutes on the phone may give you some new ideas.

Good luck!

LG
    DBmtgprocessor Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

May 22, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Perhaps the FHA secure refinance is the way to go. This program was created for those whose ARM adjusted and then couldn't afford the payment. What state are you in? If you're in Florida perhaps I can help you out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car loans [ 1 Answers ]

I paid off my car loan early and I heard on the radio that anyone who paid off loans early can be accepted for a refund and how do I go about it and who do I contact

Old Pay day loans [ 4 Answers ]

So after 2 years I get a phone call from a Pay day loan place telling me I need to pay off my loan I took out. This is not a collector calling either, this is the actual loan place. They also tell me that they are contacting my employer to gaurenshee my wages if not made within the week. So first...

Student Loans [ 14 Answers ]

I plan to move out of my parents house at the onset of this June. I plan to have a job by the end of June until mid August when I will relocate again to campus which I will attend for the next four years. I intend to enroll full time. Is there a way that I can do all this and get a loan for $20000...

Loans and such... [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I have a question about loans and financial aid. I just got into the school I wanted to go to, and it costs around 70,000 for the two years that you pay up front three different times. Even though my parents made together this year over 100k I have 5 other siblings so would I be able to get...

View more questions Search