Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanie1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Cramps that feel as bad as labor pains with pink discharge
    I am 41. My last period was April 2, 08. For the last 4-5 days I have had cramping in my upper legs like I was going to start my period, which never came. Finally, today, the cramping started and then proceeded into my lower abdomen, worsening and worsening to the point where I could not handle it. It truly felt like labor. When I got home I was doubled over in pain and had to be assisted from the car to my bed. I did go to the restroom and there was a light pink colored discharge/blood, very mucousy, and a couple of small clots in the toilet. Ice packs, 800 mg of MOTRIN, one ALEVE, and some ginger tea, and about 2 hours later the pain is at bay. I have been medicating every 2-3 hours to avoid feeling that pain again. Now, the discharge has stopped. I am still on meds so I don't know if the cramps are being masked or have gone away. The pain was 15 on a scale of 1 to 10, this in a woman with a high pain threshold.

I am fearful of an ectopic or miscarriage but am uninsured at this time and don't want to jump the gun because of an abnormal period. Is this an unusual period maybe because of my age, or, should I be concerned.

HELP PLEASE.

Jean:confused:
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 19, 2008, 12:19 AM
    I say you should definitely go to a doctor. That is the only way to know for sure. I have to say it doesn't sound normal to me. So I wouldn't just let it pass. Better to be safe. Anything said here would only be a guess as to what is going on with you and it's better not to guess. See a doctor. :)
    want_to_know Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Have you had a pregnancy test?
    Normal when I have my period I have mild to almost any cramping. But with my first pregnancy happened I was sure my period was coming I cramped extremely bad I mean huddled into a ball. And then I got some spotting after a few days which was to light to be one of my periods. So I took a pregnancy test. Guess what, pregnant. When I went to the doc I asked why was the blood and was concerned if pregnant and he said it was implentation. Happens about 2 weeks after pregnancy. Implentation=fetus attaching itself to the lining of your uterus which can cause light pinkish to reddish bleeding. Try a test if not and its not the beginning of your period see a doc.
    jeanie1966 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Thanks for your answers. Took a pregnancy test, very negative. I have had heavy clotting, and still cramps. Not nearly as bad as on Sunday, but still here nonetheless and painful to have a boewl movement. I will go to the doctor tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Jean

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

UTI's/ brown discharge, cramps. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all! I am new to this site and so far so good! Well here it goes. I am having a lot of uti's. I am a clean girl and my boyfriend and I do the right things to keep ourselves clean but for some reason I keep getting them. I had 2 this month and we didn't have sex that often this month because...

Cramps no period white discharge [ 2 Answers ]

I have had sore breasts for about 2 weeks nowmylastperiod was about 2 weeks ago... I've been having cramps and once and again discharge of a normal colour... I'm about 2 weeks from my period so I shouldn't be experiencing cramps... And I donīt take contraceptive pills etc... Please answer...

Are Menstrual cramps a sign of labor getting here soon? [ 5 Answers ]

I just turned 34 weeks on Friday, and last night I woke up around 2 am and I was having menstrual like cramping which lasted for like 30 minutes, but it went away.. Is this known as a sign of labor maybe getting here soon?

Pre-Labor pains [ 2 Answers ]

I live about 45 minutes (good timing) from my hospital. My husband works 12 hours a day 7 days a week. I am currently 7.5 months pregnant & was wondering what to do if I were to go in labor???? Do I call a ambulance to take me to MY hospital? Do I get them to take me to any hospital? Do I drive...

Thick pink Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is the first time that I have used this site and any info would be greatly appreciated. I had my last period on the 27th December and have still not hand another one, even though I started the pill and then came off. I have now started to get a thick light pink discharge and am...

View more questions Search