Ask
    wmcintosh47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Why is my Mother, 85, always cold.
    Forget it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Moved from the introduction area, to senior health area to get more and better answers.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2008, 08:29 PM
    She very likely doesn't move around as much as she did when she was younger, her skin is thinner, and her circulation isn't as good as it used to be. Make sure she wears a sweater or shawl if she feels cold. (My mother-in-law is 89 and sets her thermometer at 85 AND wears a sweater.)
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 18, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I think being cold is normal. My great grandmother used to always complain that she was cold one minute, then hot the next.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 22, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Grandma's circulation is bad and her metabolism is down causing her to be cold. She could also be anemic as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold, selfish, and mean mother [ 8 Answers ]

I am 46 years old, and never have figured out why my mother is mean, selfish, and frankly is a liar for no apparent reason. When my brother passed away 10 years ago, she said there was no will, or probate deal. Come to find out... he DID have a $100,000 estate which she has denied. My siblings and...

Mother-In-Law Acts Like My Children's Mother [ 6 Answers ]

I would like some advice on how to handle a situation with my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law was always the kind of woman who loved kids immensely, wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, her whole life revolves around her kids, etc. I think that is absolutely fabulous. Me, on the other hand, I've...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Overbearing, cold mother... HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

My problem is my mother. I am 23. Have just got home from being overseas for 18 months, so unfortunately, I have to live with my folks cause I am out of money. My mother’s number one job is to be a mother – cooking, cleaning, having a nice home is her number one priority. And that is great....

View more questions Search