Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dave Z Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 03:31 PM
    AC not coming on
    My house ac is not working. I checked the fuse and circuit breaker and they are fine. I looked at the contactor at the ac unit and it looked stuck. I tapped on it and it came undone. When I push on it the ac kicks on but no air is coming out of vents. Could this be a problem at the thermostat and could I also have a problem with the contactor? Please help Thanks Dave
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 18, 2008, 08:03 PM
    First you need to replace the damaged contactor outside.
    Then you will have to see why the indoor blower does not work.
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

May 19, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Z
    My house ac is not working. I checked the fuse and circuit breaker and they are fine. I looked at the contactor at the ac unit and it looked stuck. I tapped on it and it came undone. When I push on it the ac kicks on but no air is coming out of vents. Could this be a problem at the thermostat and could I also have a problem with the contactor? Please help Thanks Dave
    I would also check for a bad or burnt fuse in the air handler. This may be causing the room air blower from coming on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When is it coming [ 19 Answers ]

I had a little spotting of blood but once and then I went to the bathroom again and there was no blood so do you think my period is coming.

Getting someone to see where you are coming from [ 8 Answers ]

What do you do when she says she isn't looking for anything right now?

Is he coming around [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Since last post, I have talk to him. Hes told that my behavior has changed and that he does see a great improvement. He says he's not ready to completely talk all the time. But he says that in time he will. And that he does still care for me a lot. Should I still put forth the effort to...

When are they coming? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how long it usually is from being able to feel the kittens in my cats tummy to them actually being born,I am trying to work out when they will arrive - I have a safe place all made up (well a box with some blankets - not that she uses it! lol) When I feel my cats tummy it feels...

View more questions Search