Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizmeliss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Drug test
    Does a hair folicle test, test for alcohol? Specifically beer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmeliss
    does a hair folicle test, test for alcohol? specifically beer.

No - EtG testing shows alcohol.

Hair sample drug testing shows various drugs - marijuana, opiates, cocaine, PCP, etc.
    1busymaniam Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

May 18, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Miz , yes hair follicle testing can detect alcohol . There is hair / EtG test . It does not know the difference between beer , bourbon , scotch , etc .
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1busymaniam
    miz , yes hair follicle testing can detect alcohol . There is hair / etg test . It does not know the difference between beer , bourbon , scotch , etc .

Do you have a source? I have always relied on Government standards - the US Government site says: (Publications - ONDCP
    Drug_testing/testing.html)

"Analysis of hair may provide a much longer “testing window” for the presence of drugs and drug metabolites, giving a more complete drug-use history that goes back as far as 90 days. Like urine testing, hair testing does not provide evidence of current impairment, only past use of a specific drug. Hair testing cannot be used to detect alcohol -"

May 20, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Hello Judy Kay ,
    You can test hair alcohol EtG . Log into hairalcoholtesting.com or Trimega Labs . These are UK based so may not be available in the US . I don't know how to send links . Sorry . I have tested EtG urine 13 times now .
    Have a nice day...
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Hello Judy Kay ,
    You can test hair alcohol etg . Log into hairalcoholtesting.com or Trimega Labs . These are UK based so may not be available in the US . I don't know how to send links . Sorry . I have tested etg urine 13 times now .
    Have a nice day ........

Got to be a UK "thing" because US site says no.

Don't know why - if this test is available - it is not used in US. Obviously EtG is widely used in place of whatever the UK has to offer.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Hello:

Alcohol is not only a drug, it is also a food. Shortly after its intake, it turns into sugar. Then it can't be distinguished from any other kind of sugar.

Therefore, drug tests (ANY DRUG TEST) cannot detect alcohol. That's my view, and I'm sticking with it.

excon

May 20, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Hello mizmeliss ,
    You can research hair follicle testing . I don't know how to send links . Go to goarticles.com and search author Melissa Peterman . In her 14th article it says hair alcohol testing is acceptable in the U.S. Now is it acceptable in public , private , Samsha , DOT ?
    I never want this hair test to be utilized , acceptable . I'm OK with the urine EtG though .
    Congrats to you in your battle with meth...
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Hello mizmeliss ,
    You can research hair follicle testing . I don't know how to send links . Go to goarticles.com and search author Melissa Peterman . In her 14th article it says hair alcohol testing is acceptable in the U.S. Now is it acceptable in public , private , Samsha , DOT ?
    I never want this hair test to be utilized , acceptable . I'm ok with the urine etg tho .
    Congrats to you in your battle with meth .....

Melissa Peterman is in the UK and, yes, she has posted that hair follicle testing has been approved for use in the US. The US Government (and the US sites) say it has not. I also don't know how recognized (or valid) her "research" is.

So which side is correct? I don't know -

I see on your profile that you are an LVN - I'm not familiar with that term. What is an LVN?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug test [ 5 Answers ]

Oxycodone in system

I have to take a drug test [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know does vicodin stay in your system like marjuana?

Drug test. [ 15 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I am wondering if someone can answer me this question: I am going for an interview at a gym called Bally Total Fitness. If I get this job will I def need a drug test? I know every place is different but do they usually always test you at gyms and stuff? The last time I smoke...

Drug test [ 3 Answers ]

If an emergency room doe's a drug test can they turn it over to your regular doctor without asking?

Drug test [ 2 Answers ]

I have to take a drug test tomorrow. I was given a prescription for Histussin HC cough syrup for a cold and am taking it 2 tsp. twice a day. It has hydrocodone in it. Do I tell them and bring in a copy of the prescripton? Will it be all right , since this has been prescribed by my doctor?

View more questions Search