Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendypurser1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Taking custody of adopted biological child
    Almost 2 years ago my children were legally adopted by their paternal grandparents. Now the grandparents do not want the children and say they are relinquishing their rights to dhs. In the past year I have been to rehab and to jail. I have straightened my act up now. Do I have any chance of retaining custody of these children or will they go to foster care?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wendypurser1
    Almost 2 years ago my children were legally adopted by their paternal grandparents. Now the grandparents do not want the children and say they are relinquishing their rights to dhs. In the past year I have been to rehab and to jail. I have straightened my act up now. Do I have any chance of retaining custody of these children or will they go to foster care?

If they were adopted you no longer have any rights to them - I would consult with an Attorney but legally speaking they are not related to you and it would be the same as adopting strangers (for lack of a better word).

You can always apply for custody but a lot will depend on the circumstances under which they were taken from you and your current living situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need advise on taking parental rights from a biological mother [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I am the Primary Giver of a 17month old Boy that is 4 days older then my own son and they both have the same dad. The mother of Daeren Has not called since the day before his first birthday and She called today 3-31-08. We had court hearing on June 5th 2007 for full Physical and Legal custody...

Non-Biological parent has custody. [ 5 Answers ]

I recently got divorced from my husband and he has physical custody of both children. My daughter is not Biologically his. Due to this, I am having a bit of a problem getting her back to live with me. My daughter has told him that she does not want to go back to live with him, she wanted to stay...

Court automatically taking biological father's rights away [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to adopt my daughter. I want to know that if I do decide to bring my daughter's father to court to give up his rights and he doesn't show for the court date.. will the court automatically take his rights away?

Can I get custody of my unborn child if the mother is taking drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in the state of Kentucky, and my ex-girlfriend is pregnant with my child. I know for a fact that she's taking drugs(pain pills) that are not prescribed to her. I want to know if I can get her drug tested and get custody of the child, because obvisouly she doesn't care about the child...

View more questions Search