Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    need2no Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2006, 03:26 PM
    No sound
    I always had sound on my computer before this week. All of a sudden my computer says there are no audio devices. When I go to device mananger it says that "Multimedia Audio Controller" is not installed. I don't have any cds to reinstall the device. How can I fix my problem.
    vartan Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Feb 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
    My first suggestion would be go to the website of the people that make the card and download the drivers from there. If that does not work you might want to make sure your audio card is set into place as it may have come loose. Try those and if that doesn't work you may have a conflict or a bad card.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2006, 06:20 PM
    You don't say what version of Windows you have. This is usually an important piece of information. If you have Win Me or Win XP, I would first try using the System Restore featire to go back to before your sound stopped working.

Its not uncommon for drivers to get lost. You need to know what exactly what hardware you have. That info should be in your documentation. Once you find your exact hardware it should be easy to find the drivers for it.

By the way, why don't you have any CDs. While many new PCs come without CDS, you get the opportunity to make them when you first setup the PC.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2006, 06:47 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with your other answer of knowing the manufacturer and model number of your sound card. You can then go to the manufacturer's site, and download the drivers.
    This is typical of XP, with the Multimedia Audio Controller losing the drivers. I am assuming you have XP. There is software available, from searching, that will scan your system, giving you all the componets of your computer; if you don't know the name of the card.
    Also, this may or may not be of any use; but, have you Right clicked on the speaker icon down to the right in the system tray, then Left click on Volume Control, and look to see if anything has been muted by mistake? Just a thought.
    Best of luck.
    pancakes Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2006, 10:12 PM
    I have the same problem. I duno the model number of my sound card but I use window xp and I think I deleted this program while I was trying to delete useless stuff from my computer. Can anyone help me?

Feb 27, 2006, 10:20 PM
    XP should be able to find the model by itself unless it is a smaller company and sometimes an older one... Best bet would be to remove the card and get the info straight off it. But be careful.

Feb 27, 2006, 10:21 PM
    Ehhh I'm not good with computers though

Feb 27, 2006, 10:23 PM
    How do u remove the card??

Feb 27, 2006, 10:23 PM
    OK.. go to start -> run -> type dxdiag... then go to the sound tab.. (may take a while to load) and see if it lists anything there for you
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 28, 2006, 01:44 AM
    Hi,
    It seems that you have deleted the soundcard driver. I had the same problem with my office PC. The IT guys fixing the McAfee Antivirus has deleted the soundcard driver. It was working well till that date. Then I have to get it from the soundcard manufacturer's website but I had to get the number of the soundcard (it was C-Media AC97) to get the driver downloaded. So try to find out which soundcard you are using and try if you can download from the related website.

Feb 28, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Thanks for the info but I alrdy solve the problem I restore my data to a few days ago but thanks any was:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound on TV [ 7 Answers ]

We moved the TV. It was unplugged for a day or two and then put back in the same location. It was never dropped or anything. Now the sound does not work. The picture is still perfect but no sound. There is a sound coming out of the TV though. It is almost like a faint grinding kind of sound. Not a...

No sound [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Got a Toshiba TV with scarts from DVD and cable. Picture OK but no sound. If I record on DVD then it plays back with sound. Everything OK when ordinary aerial used. VHS is OK with wire connection Any advice much appreciated. Cheers, Fred

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

No sound [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hp Pavilion 542x model which recently crashed. I did not have the recovery discs so I had to boot off an XP pro disc I had. Everything is working fine now except for the fact that I have no sound and I don't know where to get the drivers from. I know the sound card is integrated into the...

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search