Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tucker929 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 04:42 PM
    ( AC) Furnace is leaking water in the pan .
    Hello,
    My (AC) unit Furnace is leaking water in the pan when I run AC unit when the Florida weather is hot outside. Almost on monthly basis I am vaccuming out water accumulated in the pipe that is connected to the furnace to let out water. Now, the pan is rusted and leaking and water is dripping under the carpet outside the Furnace area. I understand when I run, the condenser coils drip water. I don't see water dripping out of the outlet pipes of adjacent condo unit's pipes. Any suggestions please, how to fix this problem. Last year "Service America" contract technician looked at it, drained the water out of the pipe and filled with bleach. But, he couldn't answer why only my unit out of 54 units leaking!

Chris
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 17, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Seems to me like the drain tray needs replacing and the drain tube is probably clogged somewhere. A GOOD service person would snake that drain out and also replace the "condensate" tray.
    patwood Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 12:11 PM
    This is exactly the same problem I am having and had two ac men tell me that I need a new heat pump all of it. The air is cooling just fine but there is a bad leak in the pan so I know that it is stopped up in the pipe , should I replace the whole unit , I think not
    Thanks for any help
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Replace the pan and clean the drain. No need to replaces unit

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking from furnace [ 11 Answers ]

I have a York Affinity furnace with a Honeywell humidifier. It is three years old and this season I have noticed that there is watwer leaking down from the top and leaking in the midle and pooling at the bottom. I had reduced the air flow on the by pass and reduced the water flow by adjusting the...

Water leaking from furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I have water leaking out from under my furnace. It has gone under the wall and into my daughters bedroom and soaked her carpet. Please advise

Water leaking from furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Our AC has been running constantly for the past 3 weeks (it is very hot and humid here), a couple of days ago water started coming out of the bottom of the furnace (it is a Lennox Whisper Heat), enough to have to change the towels every few hours. What could be the problem?

Why is my furnace leaking water? [ 2 Answers ]

Why is my furnace leaking water?

Furnace leaking water? [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace in the basement is leaking water. There is a white pipe going into the furnace that is where the water is leaking and running into the furnace. I was told a pipe could be cloged up. Is this true and if so is it something I can fix myself? Thanks

View more questions Search