Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wondering123456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 03:26 PM
    What issues do I face against competing with a former employer?
    I live in BC, Canada, and am setting up my own business due to great stress and unhappiness with my employer, I provide professional and personal services, and some clients that I service at my place of work are also friends. I am giving in my notice of resignation soon, and want to know what my soon to be former employer can legally do to me if I tell clients where I am going. I have not signed any non-compete agreements, nor any other such documents. Am I bound under any obligation?
    Please help, any advice will be appreciated.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Since you have signed no such non-compete clause, then you have no legal obligation once you leave. You may then compete against your former employer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I competing with my Best friend and how do I stop? [ 6 Answers ]

Ive been great friends with this girl for 4/5 years but still feel she and I compete and I am certainly not a competitive person when it comes to friends. She is a great girl but has let me down in the past and on some occasions makes me feel less important to her than her other friends. Am I...

Competing against a computer and TV for his attention. [ 3 Answers ]

I am new to this board and I have read several of the posts similar to my problem but not close enough. Here is my problem. I feel like I am competing against a computer and television for his attention. As far as the television is concerned, it is whatever is on that interests him. The...

What do I do about a competing friendship? [ 3 Answers ]

My friends and I get along well it seems, but we are in a constant silent competition. Someone always has to be better at anything we do. We don't play sports or anything, mainly just online games. It's getting to the point where we feel worthless if we aren't the best or among the best. It also...

Mortgage companies competing [ 2 Answers ]

I tried comparing two mortgage companies and choose the one that promised me the lower monthly payment. I signed a contract so I could be "locked in" as the mortgage guy said anyway the next day he called and told me the rates had just changed and that I needed to sign another set of paperwork,...

View more questions Search