Ask
    smikesh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Distance from a point and line
    Answer how you got that "root2" on the eqn.explain detail
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 04:05 AM
    It wasn't a good idea starting a new thread to continue asking in the same post. Few would know what you're talking about. I assume you are referring to:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mathem...la-216527.html

The formula for the distance from a point to a line is

In that event, the comes from the coefficients of the line equation you were given.

. The coefficients of x and y are 1 and -1, respectively.

See now?

Please, if this has been of help, don't be an ingrate like so many others. Please rate the answer or say thanks.
    smikesh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Hai sir,
    Thank you very much for your help.Indians are not like others,we are always greatefull to others who gives us a littie bit of help.
    ONce again thanks.we should keep in touch.
    Smikesh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shortest distance from graph of 5+3x-2x^2 to point 2,1 [ 2 Answers ]

I understand how to find the equation of a tangent and a normal line at a given point by using the first derivative, and I know how to find the distance from x,y to 2,1 using the distance formula, but I don't see how to put it together. The book says: Use the distance formula ^2 = + ^2 and...

Point-to-point diagram [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know about the use of point-to-point diagrams in electrical/electronics engineering.

Point to point diagram [ 2 Answers ]

Please I want to know about electrical point to point diagram

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

Critical Distance is Pipe Length or Literal Distance? [ 2 Answers ]

Is critical distance measurement based on the literal distance from a trap to the vent stack, or the total length pipe from the trap to the vent? In other words, if the trap is 4 feet from the vent, but the drain pipe from the trap to the branch that has the vent connected to it is 10 feet, is the...

View more questions Search