Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeBo414 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

May 16, 2008, 06:54 PM
    My Married Friend
    I have this married female friend that get very upset, when someone say anything negative about me, to the point of confronting them. I know that this friend admire me, But why is she so intense and protective of me?. She has never given me any reason to thinkshe may have feelings for me. Why do you think she's so intense?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 16, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Is she that way with other friends? Does she have brothers?
    sampatrick Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

May 16, 2008, 09:51 PM
    May be she takes you as her best friend. It seems she trusts you a lot and so she is protective about you. To make her know that you are always there with her as her best friend, you can send her cards and gifts on coming best friends day.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 16, 2008, 10:57 PM
    She defends you because she loves you and won't stand for stupid gossipy talk. Good for her. I presume you are willing to approach life the same way, defending your loved ones, all of them, not just your immediate family.

There's nothing wrong with her having feelings for you. Nothing at all. Getting married doesn't turn off your attraction. The "feelings" issue is a non-starter, ignore it.

Now, if she ever DOES cross the line about her feelings, this still has nothing to do with you and is only a problem if you entertain them. You thank her for the compliment, remind her nothing will ever result from her feelings, then change the subject.

No harm, no foul.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Her loyalty is commendable, and nothing else needs to be read into it. Good friends are hard to find.
    LeBo414 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

May 17, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Perhaps, it's just me and my curiosity. I'm not use to someone showing that kind of affection for me. I just don't want to be caught looking out the wrong window
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBo414
    Perhaps, it's just me and my curiosity. I'm not use to someone showing that kind of affection for me. I just don't want to be caught looking out the wrong window
    Never assume, without a lot of facts.
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

May 17, 2008, 02:10 PM
    I do that for my guy friends all the time! She is a good friend, sounds really cool to me you are lucky!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend is getting married... [ 11 Answers ]

My best friend of 9 years is a guy. We are extremely close. About a year ago he told me he was in love with me. Both of our families are really close and everyone feels that we should be together. At the time I told him that I didn't have the same feelings for him. I love him with all my heart just...

Best friend with married man? [ 21 Answers ]

Okay, I've been thinking forever about this, and have no clue what to do!! I have just found out that my best friend has been dating a married man for the past month. She is 20, and he is 40. We are in college, and she plans to be going to law school in a year. This man that she has been...

Married best friend [ 10 Answers ]

Can I be best friends with a married man? We have become pretty close at work and I have become close to his family as well. He says I am his best friend - is that possible?

My Married Friend [ 13 Answers ]

I am a single male that have a close platonic friendship with a married female The extent of our friendship chatter is online. While her husband know that we dialogue via email, He doesn't know to what extent. (content) More personal things concerning our lives, Than anything else.. Nothing...

View more questions Search