Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Static head
    I have a water chiller on a roof of 24m which gives a static head of 2.4b in the basement at the process which gives a total of 8b with the pump pressure

We want to reduce this pressure so we intend to make the system in to a sealed system and pressurize this to 1bar

The question is what happens to the 2.4b static head when we pressurize to 1bar and what will the standing pressure be before we start the pump
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

May 16, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by klav
    i have a water chiller on a roof of 24m which gives a static head of 2.4b in the basement at the process which gives a total of 8b with the pump pressure

we want to reduce this pressure so we intend to make the system in to a sealed system and pressurize this to 1bar

the question is what happens to the 2.4b static head when we pressurize to 1bar and what will the standing pressure be before we start the pump
    2.4 +1 =3.4 total, you can't reduce the 2.4 ,it is gravity.
    renjer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2011, 06:10 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Static sound through TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! We have a fairly old TV (brand name Classic?) that was bought overseas. We just recently moved and now we are hearing a fairly faint (but very annoying) static sound. We hear the sound when using the television speakers, as well as when using external speakers. When we play a DVD using...

Static on YouTube, etc. [ 6 Answers ]

When playing clips from YouTube and MySpace I often hear periods of loud static. I know it's not in the posted vids since sometimes the same ones are fine. Is this likely to be a problem on my end or is it the nature of such sites? I have no problem with audio on files I've downloaded to hard...

View more questions Search