Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

May 16, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Pest control
    Soo my husband and I bought a house 2months ago. With all the fees that were paid, part of it was to pay for termite spraying. We closed the deal on the house in March so far we STILL have not had anything done. The company is a mom and pop that was hired by the sellers to spray. They have constantly cancelled appointments and then two weeks before we moved to the house in MAY my husband told them to finally just wait so we could check out the house and the damage. We called them after we got there and left them a message to call us. Almost a week went by and nothing. Finally at this point my husband was upset and told them to give us the money for the spraying and we would go elsewhere. The company told us that we could not have the money since we didn't hire them and now we have no one spraying still. Sooo the question is can we sue them for the money so we can finally get our house sprayed. Oh and my fav part is that they say while no one was around they sprayed around the outside of the house already. Well of course there is no proof of this and there are termites crawling all over the soil. Anyone know what we can do?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2008, 01:40 PM
    If the fees were included in the financing or closing costs paid, you should consult the attorney you used when you bought the house.

Because you did not actually have an agreement or contract directly with the pest control company, I believe that they have given you the correct information regarding not being able to refund to you because you paid them through a third party.

Good Luck with it!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 16, 2008, 02:54 PM
    [QUOTE=progunr]If the fees were included in the financing or closing costs paid, you should consult the attorney you used when you bought the house.

Because you did not actually have an agreement or contract directly with the pest control company, I believe that they have given you the correct information regarding not being able to refund to you because you paid them through a third party.

If the spraying is covered in any way in a written contract/agreement/requirement, paperwork between you as purchaser and someone else as seller, then you have a cause of action against the company.

As far as did they or didn't they, well, it's your word against theirs.

And the advice to contact your Attorney is good advice - the Attorney should tie up these loose ends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pest Control [ 3 Answers ]

In your opinion, what are some of the best pest control on the market. I thought of putting something all around the house on the outside. I have problems with ants (large and small), centipedes, spiders, and other insects. I wanted something simple and effective. It can but don't have to be...

Pest control [ 1 Answers ]

How do I keep bees off my hummingbird feeder?

View more questions Search