Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Submariner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Self Purchase and Code Wireless Sensor for ADT Pro Panel System
    I have a water damaged wireless remote window sensor for an ADT Safewatch Pro wireless control panel system in my home.

1) Can I buy a sensor somewhere that is compatible and install it back in the window frame myself? Is so where and roughly how much. ADT cost is unreasonable for a simple sticky tape install and coding the panel.

2) What and how do I code the panel to recognize this new sensor if possible? I will soon no longer be on ADT monitoring, just in home, so not worried if ADT remote does not recognize, just need the overall home system to recognize.

3) Where can one get additional compatible parts/components if codes can be provided for added systems?

Thanks,
    S
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 01:29 PM
    ADT uses Honeywell and DSC at the least, The ESN has to be programmed into panel.
    This will take a Installer Code to get into programming. See if they will change from their code to one you or someone else can use. Some can be defaulted, but need total programming. If you own this system, Panel can be unlocked, even if they don't cooperate.
    Are you in south Florida?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier 58MSA, code 34, flame proving sensor? [ 7 Answers ]

Wanted to know if anyone could help me troubleshoot this problem.. This furnace will not fire up, basically what happens is the igniter lights up, but will shut down after a 5 seconds or so. It will do this three times until it goes into lock down mode for three hours, and then flashes code 34....

Wireless key code [ 2 Answers ]

We had an expert put in the key code to access our wireless system. Short of asking the nerd how can I find it?

Civic code 9 (CYP) Sensor Error [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my honda civic... Its popping out code 9 which is the cylinder position sensor (CYP)... I bought a new distributor for it but is still popping out the error code... was told I might need to replace wiring... so I was woundering if I change the engine harness will it be...

97 honda civic code 1381 cylinder position sensor [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My 97 civic just started showing an error code 1381 (P1381--Cylinder Position Sensor Intermittent Interruption). My understanding is that if it is a problem with the individual sensors, the distributor has to be replaced - because they don't sell the individual sensors. Last July the...

Honda civic code 9 cyp sensor how to repair [ 1 Answers ]

I got the engine light coming on at different occasions not always, checked and got error 9, as per honda manual I tested the points on connectors for cyp, on male connector, I got right ohmage reading, on female I get a open reading,meaning from one point to ground there is continuity, My...

View more questions Search