Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Strengthen your baby's jaws
    One of the many advantages of breastfeeding is better jaw development. Breast feeding babies have to suck a lot harder than bottle fed babies and they end up with bigger jaw muscles and also bigger and stronger jaw bones, because the bone grows in response to pressure and stress from sucking. (For the same reason, jumping and running building stronger denser bones in teenagers.)

Researchers in Japan have shown that youngsters who chew harder foods end up with larger jaws and are less likely to have crowded teeth and need braces. In other words, strained baby foods aren't necessarily the best thing for babies. Toddlers should have to chew regularly. I'm not sure what the prescribed food is--tough bagels?--but I wish I'd given my kids more stuff to chew on than I did.

Does anyone here have kids with naturally perfect teeth? If so, what did you give them to eat when they were babies and toddlers?
    Just Asking

Check out some similar questions!

Pulled Muscle Need a way to strengthen and relax the muscle [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... my problem is in my right leg the quad muscle I can barely walk on my leg and its next to impossible to run, I was playing softball in the cold weather of Ohio, and I went to hit the ball and as I started to run my leg (quad) started hurting and I wasn't able to stand on it... I am looking...

My baby's father [ 1 Answers ]

When filing for child support is OK if I do not ss # of the father?

My baby's daddy [ 7 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the date of my last period is July 9'th. I had sexual encounters with two different men in that month. One on the 15'th and another on the 21'st and 22'nd. Can you please tell me who fathered my baby?:confused: :confused: :o :o :(

Still snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? [ 78 Answers ]

By many accounts now the surge is working. Carl Levin just returned from Iraq and added his name to those who acknowledge this fact - to a point anyway. And yet, as I predicted a few days ago (I get it right once in a while) come September there's going to be one helluva fight over Iraq. John...

Baby's last name [ 4 Answers ]

I am 6 months pregnant and so confused. The baby's father wants the baby to have his last name, but the dad has not help or been a part of the pregnancy this far. I have invited him to all my doctor's appt. and he says he wants to come but never does. He has 2 kids already and the live with him. He...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.