Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    04091985 Posts: 86, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Remotely support the clients
    Hi,

I need a help from you people . I am from india and my company is planning to support the clients who are from europe and US, now my question is that what all do requirements do I need to startup the business from the scratch , and the thing is that the clients will be providing the software or tools to support them remotely . Can you people help me as this is my first step towards setting up this plan.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 16, 2008, 05:43 AM
    I'm in the US and collaborated successfully with someone in India using GoToMyPC; he used it to install & configure new versions of software he was developing for me on my PC & server, and for review sessions using its built-in chat capability. Here's what I learned from the experience:

* Good communication is a challenge; I'd get a Skype or Gizmo account for phone calls. The hours during which you communicate are limited, and one of you will be getting up very early or staying up very late.

* I'd recommend GoToMyPC for collaboration rather than pcAnywhere. It worked much better for us, and we did try both.

* You can use box.net or one of its competitors for sharing files. Keep an eye on a product currently in beta called Dropbox; it will blow the competition out of the water In my opinion. You can try to sign up for a Beta here.

* The best way to ensure trust in both parties is to use an escrow account; your client pays into the escrow account, and releases the funds when satisfied with the result. Both RentACoder and Guru have escrow account capabilities; you can set up escrow accounts through sites like Escrow.com, but most of these seem to be oriented toward products rather than services. I'd write to them and ask.
    04091985 Posts: 86, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Thnak you thanks a lot even though it didn't help me fully but your information was very useful for me . Thank u :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming business expenses while working remotely [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning to transition to working remotely for a new employer. My question: if the employer doesn't pay for equipment (i.e. fax, printer, copier, phone, etc) that I'll use to do my work - can I expense this on my taxes? Based on my reading of the "home office" definition, I won't meet this...

Connecting remotely to windows vista [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I can connect remotely to my brothers laptop which runs vista using a program called 'instant house call'. I can see his desktop and move his mouse pointer , start applications etc but whenever I try to do anything like defrag his hard drive or try to install a program the connection is...

How to check my PC for remotely installed spyware [ 1 Answers ]

?? I recently came across an article that anybody can send an email with some spyware in it. It was also stated that this spyware will install itself and then transmit a record of my userids and passwords to the sender of the spyware. I am scared of the info. I would be glad to know as much info on...

How to check my PC for remotely installed spyware [ 1 Answers ]

I recently came across an article that anybody can send an email with some spyware in it. It was also stated that this spyware will install itself and then transmit a record of my userids and passwords to the sender of the spyware. I am scared of the info. I would be glad to know as much info on...

View more questions Search