Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cweddy9 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Into the Wild
    What are people's thoughts on this movie?
    I am at a similar age to the main character, whilst I am not like him in many aspects- I can't help but relate to him and what he seeks... Thoughts, review and people's perception behind the meaning would be appreciated.
    "Happiness is only real if shared"
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

May 15, 2008, 11:00 PM
    I loved it! So so much! It's the closest a movie has come to making me cry in a long time.

I'm also a similar age to him, and can completely understand his ideals.
    He's just looking for the non-materialistic values in life. It's partly about rebellion, and partly about self-discovery. But he, unlike everyone else at that age, follows through on his ideals. I might love to get involved in the wilderness and meet people from all walks of life, but to know that I don't have a home to return to, no money for when I get desperate, and nothing being planned for the future would terrify me.
    Idealistically, I'm right there with him. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a pansy to ever find out first hand.
    He's one of the most likable characters possible. And apparently the real-life man he was based on was very much like that.

Yep, fantastic film. Anyone who hasn't seen it should do so!

Kal
    Gozer37 Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Jun 22, 2008, 07:10 PM
    He should have read about that plant before eating it what a waste. Also why didn't he go elsewhere to find food instead of just hanging around a hippie van. Dumb and boring.
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Jun 22, 2008, 07:28 PM
    If you watch carefully, that book he used to help him find edible plants had two similar looking plants: one edible, one poisonous. After he started getting sick, he read more closely that he ate the poisonous one. As far as the van, he had shelter, a stove and food all around him. He didn't have to search else where. He just wanted to live off the land with no need for money. The really sad part about the kid is he was really close to a major road. If he went the other direction away from that river, he would have survived.
    rose077 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Best movie of the year by far... honestly thought I loved the book more but with the Eddie Vedder soundtrack, I don't know. I recently met the woman who played the hippie who gave him a ride, and she said it was the best movie she's ever done. Every time I watch it Im afraid my boyfriend is going to run "into the wild". But I think there is a small part in all of us that wants to. "happiness is only real when shared"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My rat is wild. [ 8 Answers ]

I got a female rat yesterday and te person who served us when we got her (Who once had two rats of her own) told me to leave her for a day. We did, I tried to pick her up today but I didn't succeed. I have never had a rat before so can anyone give me any tips? Another thing is she stays in a corner...

Wild, wild west. [ 3 Answers ]

A cowboy rode into town and stopped at a saloon for a drink. Unfortunately, the locals had a habit of picking on strangers. So when he finished his drink, he found his horse had been stolen. He went back into the bar, handily flipped his gun into the air, caught it above his head and fired a shot...

Wild kittens. [ 8 Answers ]

Last year(if you have read the post) I had 2 wild kittens in my yard, I managed to tame, and find home for the others,again I have wild kittens these ones look about the same age the other 2 and it is around the same time I saw the other ones last year. I don't no if I should trap and tame these...

Shy but wants to be wild [ 11 Answers ]

Ok here's the thing! Me and my boyfriend have just started having sex, he was my first. I am a naturally kinky person (my mind runs wild and there is so much I want to do) and I know he would probably like something other then missionary style, I know he would like me on top! The thing is I'm shy!...

Wild Tangent [ 4 Answers ]

I recently ran SPYBOT and it picked up 3 suspect problems - FAST CLICK - DSO EXPLOIT and WILD TANGENT. Spybot seemed to deal with the first two satisfactorily but on boot up I keep getting a message telling me that Wild Tangent cannot be located and gives the full C\Program\Wild...

View more questions Search