Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AshleyStar Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Let this be a lesson to those who are considering doing this.
    I did the unthinkable and went to my ex's house today. Just called to his door and said I missed him. He said he missed me too but he didn't know what to say. I asked if we could try again and he said we could give it another go, start afresh and take things easy. I was over the moon and left his house feeling great.

On the way home he was texting me about coming down to see me tonight and I tried putting him off because I have my finals at the min and need to be revising but who am I kidding I caved in, sped home, shaved my legs, did the makeup and was trying on multiple outfits when he text a few hours later saying he didn't want it anymore.

I called him and asked if he was joking and he said no, he'd had a think about it and he'd only said he'd get back because I looked nice and if he came down we would just end up having sex and he didn't want that.

The moral of the story is... don't make a fool of yourself like I just have!! It makes you feel a million times worse and you lose your dignity. At least I know it's definitely over now!
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

May 15, 2008, 02:48 PM
    At least he was honest with you.. It would've been a lot worse if you had slept together so you can be thankful for that.
    And like you said - maybe this is what you needed, realization that it's definitely over...
    I let my ex linger in my life for the first 2 weeks of breaking up where we were "friends".
    I was forward with her and I just asked her straight - is there any chance of us working things out. To which she replied "you must be crazy".
    Lol.. I forgot about that :/.. I didn't even do anything to her.. anywho.
    Well that was more or less the turning point that lead me to No Contact.
    I hope this helps you stick to it this time around..
    alwaystrue Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 15, 2008, 02:49 PM
    I think what you did was so daring and took a lot of guts and sounds lik something I would have done. Worst case scernio he had a girl there and the scene could have gotten ungly but that's the chance you took.

It didn't play out as you hope but that's the risk you took. What happen if he did come over and your had sex and then tomorrow he let you down. That would have hurt more after you gave him your goodies so life goes on and you have to study and papers to write so get to it. Remember it was a chance you took and that shows you have balls.

May 15, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Definitely and now I can see him for what he really is... just a pretty face. He has no real personality, no drive, no ambition, he was lazy and he was in lots of money trouble. I fell for him based on his looks and how sweet he was to me at the start but obviously he's not that person I thought he was. Sorry needed to vent!

(BTW there are reasons for him not being a nice person but I don't want to go into them on a public forum)
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Life is all about taking chances.

With every chance we take, we learn something. Sure, sometimes we learn the hard way, but we do learn.

Isn't it much better to have taken the chance, and found out the truth, than to have spent the rest of your life asking yourself, WHAT IF?

I don't want to exit this life with to many WHAT IFS, do you?

May 15, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Nope and I wasn't accepting it was over either. Now I know it is for sure and I sent him a semi-nasty text just to be sure there's no going back. Bitter and immature? Yes. But I'd rather be angry than moping about feeling sorry for myself and my great loss.
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

May 15, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Stop worrying about it and go and study! :]
    I have an exam tomorrow as well and I keep refreshing the forums - everyone needs to stop posting things today.
    Thanks in advance
    -management

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need poetry lesson [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what the style of poetry that I like to write is called. It is similar to "Twas The Night Before Christmas", "Casey At The Bat", rhymes mostly about events.

Math Lesson [ 1 Answers ]

A professor of mathematics sent a fax to his wife. It read: "Dear wife, You must realize that you are 54 years old and I have certain needs which you are no longer able to satisfy. I am otherwise happy with you as a wife, and I sincerely hope you will not be hurt or offended to learn that by the...

Singing lesson [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start singing and I can't find a school help me.:o

View more questions Search