Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 11:35 AM
    carrier furnace filter replacement
    I have a Carrier Gas Furnace and am having trouble replacing the filter, is there any where I can find a diagram on how to replace the filter? Unfortunately, the duct work is bolted to the unit. Where the filter should slide in, is the switch that gets pushed in so the unit works. The filter that should be used is 16x25x1 but it has to bend around the blower unit and the switch. This kind of makes it tough to bend it and slide it in correctly. Any ideas?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 15, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Why are you having a problem? Pull it out and replace it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 15, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Usually it just drops in to the ductwork just as it leaves the furnace.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Can you see the filter you want to replace or are you assuming the system has an extra filter because of the home owners book. If you are filtering at the return air grill the construction filter has probably been removed from inside the air handler and is not needed if you are filtering at the return grills.
    vartanarsen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2011, 01:27 PM
    Hi debbie we have the same prolem. What was the solution... just bend the filte??
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2011, 10:29 PM

If possible, measure the actual size of the opening in the sidewall of the furnace, where the return air duct is connected. A smaller filter may be easier to install, provided it is large enough to completely overlap the return air opening. Try a 15x25x1, for example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is it? Carrier furnace filter [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm not that handy but I'm learning. I have a five year old house I just bought and I don't know where is the furnace filter. My furnace is laying on its right side so any info will be great. Is it inside or on the bottom? The model is 58STA-58STX Carrier furnace. :confused:

Carrier Furnace Motor Replacement? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas furnace model 58pav090. Recently the motor seized (shaft bearings were in poor shape/scored). The original motor has 5 leads (wires). Y,R,Black, Blue, and White. The AO furnace motor I ordered as a replacement only has 4 leads (Black, Red, Yellow, and Blue). I...

Changing Air Filter on Carrier 58STA090 Unit [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the air filter on a Carrier 58STA090 Gas Furnace? How often should it be changed? Can I do this myself?

Carrier Oil Furnace-Where can I buy the filter? [ 2 Answers ]

My CARRIER furnace model no is: FK4CNF002. The existing filter has these two numbers on it: KFAFK0212MED and 31-659-402. I'm not sure if this is an original filter or an improvised one. As I bought the house in 2005 and since then the filter hasn't been changed. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland....

View more questions Search