Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    specialks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Date stimulus check and tax amendment refund will be sent
    As of todate the system does not have record of when my checks will be mailed, my stimulus check or my tax amendment refund. What steps do I take now?:rolleyes:
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 08:26 AM
    What are the last two digits of your SSN?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 15, 2008, 09:45 AM
    IRS takes 8 to 12 weeks to process the amended tax return. So you will not get refund during the current list. You will have to wait for about 2 months.

In the first lot only those whose return was processed by April 15, 2008 are getting the rebate.
    Go to Internal Revenue Service. Click Where is my Refund? Then click Status of my Stimulus Rebate. Or #01-866-234-2942

For information on stimulus tax rebate read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Are You Eligible for 2008 Stimulus Tax Rebate Payment?
    Cheryl Lollar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 07:45 AM
    It takes 8 to 12 weeks to receive your amended return. And you will not receive your stimulus check until after your amended refund is sent.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

May 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
    When I went into the system (I am assuming you used the IRS website) to determine when my stimulus check would be coming through, it did the same thing-told me that it had no record of my tax information.

I still received it though. So I wouldn't rely solely on that system.

Good luck and best wishes to you.

TJ
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 11:08 PM
    The check date is based on the last two digits of your social security number. Starting May 2, stimulus payments will be electronically transmitted to direct deposit accounts. Paper checks will be mailed starting May 16. If you don’t receive your refund within 28 days from the original IRS mailing date shown on Where’s My Refund? you can start a refund trace online.

Quote Originally Posted by specialks
    As of todate the system does not have record of when my checks will be mailed, my stimulus check or my tax amendment refund. What steps do I take now?:rolleyes:
    mcmculler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulbrunette View Post
    what are the last two digits of your ssn?
    mcmculler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE View Post
    What are the last two digits of your SSN?
    Last 2 digits r 70

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tracking a tax amendment refund [ 7 Answers ]

Is there somewhere to go on a government website to track an amendment I mailed in for my 2005 tax year?

Stimulus Check [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, has anyone received their stimulus check? I was supposed to get mine today. My fiance's social security number is after mine and he has already gotten his. I called the IRS.. that was a waste of time. And the automated system that has been set up to answer the 500 million calls told me " we...

Stimulus check [ 1 Answers ]

So I used turbo-tax and filed my taxes by Feb. 2, 2008 and used direct deposit. My last two digits of my social is 56, how come I hadn't received my stimulus check?

Tracking tax refund from amendment [ 1 Answers ]

How do I track my amended tax return refund?

Receiving tax amendment refund [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out the status on a tax amendment that I mailed for a refund from my 2005 tax year? And can tax amendment refunds be direct deposited (I did supply banking account info) or are they only refunded by check?

View more questions Search