Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nataliepc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Antique Singer Sewing Machine. Info and value scale?
    I recently purchased a singer sewing machine serial number G521788. It is in a small wooden four drawered cabinet with a black iron treddle. It is not electric. Is there anyone who can tell me the model # and/or a value scale, i.e... Is there a value range for worth if it is in poor, fair, average or excellent condition?

:confused:

thanks so much.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 01:04 AM
    If what I am reading on the following links is correct according to how I am reading it, your machine would appear to have been made about June of 1910. http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_1letter.html and http://www.singerco.com/pdf/SINGER_G_nos.pdf When you click on the first link, you click on G Series in order to get the pdf file. It's kind of hard to tell what the exact model would be.

I don't think that there is any sort of "value range" because of the condition of the machines. It really depends on what someone is willing to pay for it in order to determine a monetary value of some kind. Certainly, if a machine is cleaned-up, serviced and the cabinet repaired/refinished, it would be likely to be worth more money. Many of the old machines are still quite usable for sewing. Oftentimes, the speed of a treadle machine is desired because of the kind of sewing that is to be done.

A lot of people will say that old treadle sewing machines don't have much "value" because they keep showing up in garage and yard sales for very low or even give-away prices. However, old sewing machines can be usable and also act as a conversation piece in a home. Many of the cabinets on them are incredibly beautiful in their design. A person could decorate with items around an old treadle sewing machine that might be of the same period of the machine to create a nostalgic atmosphere
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 04:38 AM
    There are some serious collectors but most are bought for decoration of your home, several hundred dollars is normal for a good one, if you had one that was original in new condition, of course more.
    I will be honest I have bought many for under a 100 dollars that did not work, fixed them and perhaps doubled my money.
    juliachristian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 05:12 PM
    I have an antique singer in wooden cabinet,serial#T313380,also another in mint condition serial#EX328221.what is the year and value please.Thank you
    shawer2300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 11:35 AM
    I have a singer sewing machine from the 1910's and the serial# is G8020820 how much do you think it worth. I have the table with it you can use it as a end table also it's a store away one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Appraisal of Antique Singer Sewing Machine [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for an estimate on the price of an Antique Singer Sewing Machine. It is a V.S.2 Model made in Kilbowie in 1890. It is in decent condition with the gold leafing well intact. It sits on a cabinet with three drawers on each side and I believe it has all of its original attachments. If you...

Antique sewing machine [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. I have an old(? ) treadle sewing machine in a fold-away wooden cabinet. It is a "Beaver" sewing machine and I have not been able to find any information on it at all. Can anyone help me with finding out how much it is worth, or where to...

Antique sewing machine [ 9 Answers ]

hello I have an old antique singer sewing machine from the 1800s all orignal, I was just wanting to know if maybe you would know the value of something that old, thankyou:)

Antique sewing machine [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I found a sewing machine my grandmother used to have. I don't know what model or make it is... all the machine says is "Western" on the side of it and it has a plate on the right hand side that says "Model 300" and it has some sort of serial number E658732. Please find a picture enclosed....

View more questions Search