Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerky_boyz Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2006, 08:49 PM
    Can someone please help with the following true or false questions
    Can someone please help me with the following true or false questions. I am having a bit of a problem with them. I would appreciate the help in solving them. Thanks

1. The left side of every liability account is the debit side.

2. Revenues are increased with debits.

3. Balance sheet accounts are also called temporary accounts.

4. The process of transferring information in journal entries to T-accounts in the ledger is called journalizing.

5. The income summary account is closed to the retained earnings account.

6. A firm generally recognizes assets at the price it paid to acquire the assets.

7. The difference between the gross sales value of inventory sold and its cost is called gross profit.

8. Dividends are distributions of earnings to shareholders and are considered an expense to the company.

9. Contra-asset accounts have credit balances and are an offset to a related asset account.

10. Journalizing transactions is the first step in the accounting cycle.

11. Firms use accrual-basis accounting because it provides information about future cash flows that is not available under the cash method.

12. The relevance criteria states that information about an item is representational, faithful, verifiable and neutral.

13. Revenue recognition refers to the point in time at which revenue should be reported on the statement of earnings.

14. The matching concept requires that firms recognize both the revenue, and the costs required to produce the revenue (expenses) when cash is received and paid.

15. A deferred expense represents an obligation to provide goods or services to customers in the future.

16. Income statements that provide greater detail and breakdown of costs by category are referred to as multiple step.

17. GAAP requires two items to be shown after the computation of tax expense: discontinued operations and extraordinary items.

18. When both the value and the assurance of sale can be estimated at the time of production a firm recognizes revenue at that point.

19. The cost recovery and completed contract methods are two examples of revenue recognition being postponed until the cash from a sale is collected.

20. Comprehensive income is the change in equity of a firm due to transactions and other events and circumstances from nonowner sources.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2006, 11:44 PM
    1) True
    2) False
    3) False
    4) False
    5) True
    6) True
    7) True
    8) False
    9) True
    10) False

What do you think the rest of the answers are?
    jerky_boyz Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the help. I was wondering about the answer for #2 and #4. I thought the answer for them would be true.
    As for the rest of them.
    11) F
    12) F
    13) T
    14) F
    15) F
    16) T
    17) F
    18) F
    19) T
    20) T

I would appreciate it if you could let me know if I was on the right track. Thanks
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2006, 04:15 PM
    2. Revenues are increased with debits.

When you make a sale, the journal entry is
    Dr. Cash 100
    Cr. Sales 100

So to increase sales, you credit it. Therefore the statement is False

4. The process of transferring information in journal entries to T-accounts in the ledger is called journalizing.

From the best of my knowledge, journalizing is when you record what happened. That is, I say you made a $100 sale, then you would:

Dr. Cash 100
    Cr. Sales 100

Record it in the general ledger. Therefore, False
    eniitana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 04:54 PM
    1. F
    2. T
    3. T
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 09:22 PM

eniitana - do not answer people's homework for them, especially with no explanation. No one learns that way. (This also could have easily been a test.)

Also, don't pull up threads that are three years old please.

And if you're going to bother trying to answer something, at least know what you're doing, and it's obvious you don't. In fact, it looks like you intentionally answered them all the opposite of the original answers given - for what purpose I don't know.
    StevenWoods21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 08:04 AM
    Statistics can provide excellent support True Or False
    StevenWoods21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 08:05 AM

Statistics can provide excellent support true or false

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or false [ 2 Answers ]

Is an e'mail traceable back to the sender?

False Teeth [ 2 Answers ]

My father in law got immedupper. Dentures in April 05. He had server perio like 12mm pockets. He had a lot of bone loss and lot of his teeth were moveable. He had problems on and on and in Nov 05 he had them reline. When he left that day he said they were fine and that he could eat with them. Well...

True or false? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it true that if you lose wieght you stretch marks will become less noticeable?

True or false [ 21 Answers ]

If u ask a loved 1 a question in their sleep... and they answer! Is that answer true or false? Any ideas.

Being false accused [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any law on the books that would help us on being falsely accused of something when are findings have proved otherwise? Is there any criminal/civil lawsuit that we could pursue on the people accusing?

View more questions Search