Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allure10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Baby momma dramra
    I've been dating this guy for 3 years now and about July of 07' we split up just to see if we were meant to be together. Eventually we got back with each other Jan 0f 08', but while we were split up he got another woman pregnant. She is due in July and he is in MO at basic training but he wants to with me and we've decided to start our own family when he gets home next month, and she is already on that drama tip, with trying to control him. He was living with me before he left in March and he will come home to me and she and I have meet and I'm not a drama type person but I will if I have to be and I don't want that to happen I would love to except their child in our lives like he excepted my 10 year old daughter when we met 3 years ago, so what do I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 07:27 PM
    How old are you both?

May 14, 2008, 07:42 PM
    He's 29 She's 28 and I'm 27
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 07:45 PM
    You realize that accepting their child into your lives means accepting HER into your lives too, right?

She is NEVER going to go away.

I suggest all THREE of you go to a counselor together, or at least have a mediated meeting, where you can hammer out some of how you will handle the details of the three of you dealing with each other for at least the next 18 years.

May 14, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    You realize that accepting their child into your lives means accepting HER into your lives too, right?

She is NEVER going to go away.

I suggest all THREE of you go to a counselor together, or at least have a mediated meeting, where you can hammer out some of how you will handle the details of the three of you dealing with each other for at least the next 18 years.
    I totally undersand that and I'm willing to do just that and so is he but what if she isn't willing. And the other thing she knew about me and still had unprotected sex with him.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Whoa whoa whoa... see, that's part of the attitude that has to change.

HE knew about you too... and still had unprotected sex with HER.

EQUAL blame here, honey.

And if she isn't willing, then fine. You take the kid for his visitations (and make sure to get a good lawyer for that court battle) and don't deal with her otherwise.

Thing is--YOU need to realize that he's as much (or MORE!) to blame for this situation as she is. Being upset with her because she won't fall into your happy little plans is fruitless. SHE might have had happy little plans too--and hey, you were broken up at the time. How was SHE to know that it wasn't permanent? I mean, was this a one night stand that he just said "hey baby, let's have sex and never talk again?" If that's the case, then what are YOU expecting from this guy? If it was MORE than that--then she had every right to hope that he would NOT get back together with you and instead fall for her. I mean, you guys split up! He was fair game!

Part of the reason that I think all three of you should get together in the same room, preferably with a 3rd party mediator, is because I think he's telling you one thing, and her another. Either that, or he's consistent in HIS story, but one or both of you women are hearing it the way you WANT to hear it, and he's not correcting your assumptions because then everyone is mad at HIM again.

Bottom line is--don't be mad at her. Be mad at him. HE had unprotected sex too. HE knew about you. HE made the choices that led to this woman being pregnant. Take a long hard look at your man, sweetie, because the "other woman" (who, remember, had sex with a SINGLE man) is probably royally ticked with both you and him--you for stealing "her" man, and him for lying to her and abandoning her (because that's how she probably sees it) when she's pregnant to go back to his ex.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 04:36 AM
    You and the girl sounds like your have resentment towards each other when in fact it should be the guy your should be mad at for putting your both in this situation and for the next 18 she and him will have a relationship because of the child. She really don't have to like or deal with you, but it will be nice, only him so remember that, your not even married. Why did he want a break from you in the first place.

The only thing I did not like about your post is that you putting all the blame on her and that's want most women do. They better be happy thdt all that happen when all these std's are going around, that's nasty and foolish, both should know better.

In closing two things could happen your all learn to get along and make each other life a living hell. If she don't take to you want can you do and its her choice, but don't interfere with him having a relationship with the child because even if you don't like it it includes one with her. She might also take him for child support so he better get ready for court.

This all could have been avoided if a condom was use, see how one minor decision can change your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 15, 2008, 05:59 AM
    He made a bad error in judgement and must now pay, if its his, and for that it takes a test and not just someone's word. If its his he must support the child and ALL the so called adults should pull together, and raise this child with love. To only blame this other female, is not wise, nor fair.
    so what do I do?
    See him for what he is, and don't just accept what he puts down, without a lot of thought.
    alwaystrue Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 15, 2008, 02:16 PM
    There's only one of two things you can do:
    1] leave him
    2]stay with him

You and her might not get along and have a right to dislike one another and she going be around for the next 18 years top, so if you think its too much to handle then go. What happens when your split again and the reason your split sounds childish, I would never split with someone I love unless I want to fool around with other people in order not to cheat after being with that person for a number of years.

If your can't work it out by talking and you stay get ready for your world to get turned outside down.

Also I agree with othees don't blame her for getting pregnant because your boyfriend played a role in it and at the time you was something of the past not current.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

His baby momma drama [ 29 Answers ]

I am currently dating a man who is expecting a baby with another woman in 4 months. He and I just started dating, and are enjoying our relationship- except for one thing. The soon-to-be mother of his child tries to control his love life, and has even physically threatened me if I don't leave him....

Baby momma drama [ 2 Answers ]

Two years ago I met a guy at work and found out that he was married but he told me that things were not working out of course. Well I had just came out of a really abusive relationship and needed to get over my ex quick because I kept going back to him because I did not want to be lonely. To make...

How do I deal with the Baby Momma Drama? [ 7 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with someone who has a 9 month old child with a woman. They were together for two months, broke up, then found out she was pregnant. They are not sure that the child is even his. They are both aware that they do not want to be together in a relationship but need to figure out...

New momma strange behavior [ 2 Answers ]

My cat gave birth this morning. The first cat came, she was very very freaked out about the entire thing. I could see she was in distress, then 2 hours later took her to the ER vet. They had to induce her and help her because the kitten was to large for her to get out on her own. He ended up dying...

Baby momma drama. [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I have been with my boyfriend for a year now.. im 18 years old and he is 22. He has a child that just turned three and the mother is two-faced. At the beginning of our relationship she didn't get the concept about him being in love with another worman and she was no longer in the picture...

View more questions Search