Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redsox77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 06:17 PM
    16 and maybe pregnant.
    I'm not sure but I may be pregnant and I'm only 16 years old. We didn't use protection and he pulled out but it was dumb and I have a feeling that I am pregnant.
    I'm so scared... how early will I know? How do itell my parents? Help me please! =[
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2008, 06:32 PM
    When did you have your last period? AND, have you taken a home pregnancy test yet?
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

May 14, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Are you just afraid that you're pregnant? Or do you actually have signs that you could be?
    It's possibly too early to tell, but take a pregnancy test if you're worried. And don't worry about telling your parents unless you're sure.
    In the meantime though, you could talk to your parents about contraceptive methods.
    And in future, use protection. It'll prevent you from having a panic attack after every time you have sex, and also protect you against a lot of other things.

Kal
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox77
    hey,
    thanks for sending me a msg it really meant a lot..
    but this all happened a week ago. and i started my period that night so idk...
    how early will i be able to find out?
    Hi redsox, you can keep our discussion here in the thread you started. Please use the reply box and then click the post quick answer button below it;)
    I think you need to take a test at home. Also what KalFour said is great advice, please use it!
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

May 15, 2008, 02:19 PM
    I agree, take the home pregnancy test. When you use it, use if first thing in the morning, as it is more likely to be accurate at that time. You can buy them at most drugstores.

If the test says that you aren't pregnant, wait and see if you get your next period. If you don't, take another test. If that test still says no, go to the doctor and see what is going on.

Remember you might not be pregnant. Try to stay calm and don't worry about telling your parents yet. Remember that stress can sometimes throw off your cycle a little. I think taking a home pregnancy test is the first thing you need to do. Crisis pregnancy centers will often provide free pregnancy testing. You can find them in the yellow pages or online.

If you find out that you aren't pregnant, remember you still need to see your doctor at least once a year for a women's health exam. Also, anytime you have unprotected sex, you need to get tested because you can have some stds for a while without having symptoms. Where I live, the health department provides free std testing. If you don't want to talk to your parents about that kind of stuff, the school nurse can probably give you some good advice and information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Well first, pull out is not a method, it is merely reducing the amount of sperm, but sperm still are there. So there is there a chance if you had unprotected sex. But worry will not help, there is little you can do but get a test and find out.

May 16, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox77
    im not sure but i may be pregnant and im only 16 years old. we didnt use protection and he pulled out but it was dumb and i have a feeling that i am pregnant.
    im so scared... how early will i know? how do itell my parents? help me please! =[
    Ihad my period that night so I don't know
    And this all happened last weekend so how early can I tell??
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 17, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Easier said than done, but try your best not to worry. If you started your period that night, the odds are that you aren't pregnant, but that doesn't mean it can't happen... so if you are going to continue, use protection every time... no exceptions.

As Fr_Chuck said, sperm can be present just during arousal, so no fooling around with an unprotected penis inside you then thinking you are safe from pregnancy by putting a condom on right before the actual act. Don't allow yourself to be persuaded otherwise.

Try a pregnancy test next weekend, if negative and you are still worried... wait until your next period would be due and see what happens.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 17, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Remember, all it takes is one sperm and the human male produces upwards of 40 million sperm when he ejaculates. Not so hard to have one of them get through. Use protection, double up on protection (birth control pill and condom) even then you could still get pregnant. Only form of birth control that is 100% is abstinence, so if you aren't ready to accept the consequences of sex (pregnancy, std... ) then don't have sex.

Good luck to you.

May 17, 2008, 01:21 PM
    altenweg you freaked me out way more but that's what I needed lol
    thanks=]
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Glad to hear it. Just be careful out there, pregnancy is a scary consequence, but there are worse things out there, some of which can kill you. Always think of your safety first, you don't get a second chance. Take care sweetie, if you ever need to talk, that's what we're here for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I Pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend decided to have sex, but he only went in about 2-3 cm and he pulled out after 1 minute. He didn't ejaculate or anything. I got my period 3-4 days later. I am really worried that I might be pregnant. There was no protection. Am I pregnant?

I want to get pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my spouse have been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half and I'm scared I can't get pregnant. Every month I get my period and some times clumps of blood are coming out why?

View more questions Search