Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redrose Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2006, 04:20 PM
    Talking english
    I have a problem in talking english.so I would like to overcome this one.iam truing to improve my language by reading newspaper,magazines and stories.but I still have this problem.I confess that I don't have enough confidence to use or I am not qualified.how can you help or what do you recommend? Thanks.
    kp42484 Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Feb 25, 2006, 10:38 AM
    Hi,

I think the only way to improve in language skill is to use it! Even if you have a "problem" with it, you should still keep on trying! There's no better way than to practice, just like sports or art or any other skill that one tries to learn. Reading is also excellent, but when you talk to native speakers, it brings confidence and skill! I am also learning a language that is not my own, and I can say truly that the native speakers will usually for the most part help you and be encouraging; almost anyone appreciates a foreigner trying to learn their language.

So, just keep trying to practice with people. Go out with friends, start up conversations, try out your grammar, and also listen to the native speakers. Try to mimic their grammar patterns and listen to what context the words are being spoken in. This is something that printed material can not give you.

But remember the #1 thing: don't be afraid! You can do it! Don't let anyone tell you that you are not good. It takes time, and just keep trying!

If people intimidate you too much, try listening to tapes, I know people that do this and get good results. Or, you may hire a tutor as well. But nothing will be better than just talking to people who speak english. My husband is foreign, and came here speaking no english at all. He's fluent, only being here 5 years, and he did it by interacting with people who speak english and by listening. Don't be afraid to ask the person, "Can you explain?" or "I don't understand; can you repeat it?"

Hope this helps!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2006, 11:16 AM
    At the risk of oversimplifying:

When you read, read aloud. A good way to practice your intonation and confidence.
    pradhyumna KARKI Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 11:45 PM
    Thanks for answer
    pradhyumna KARKI Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 11:51 PM
    I am learning English but my spoken is very prro ,I want to improve it .So I need your help .Can you help me about this matter?
    JamesPear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 10:52 PM
    I agree with kp42484 the best way to learn a language is to use it constantly. Watch TV in it, read foreign books etc. I found talking to people useful.

Checkout http://www.mylanguagepal.com for practicing talking english there are some helpful people there that you can talk to on skype/msn for free.

Good luck
    -james:eek:
    ronicyurs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 01:28 AM
    You should be daily practice 1 hour reading magazine topic wise talk own self

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Talking english [ 17 Answers ]

I have a problem in talking frequently english I can understand write and do every thing but iff some one talks with me I get confused plzzz help me

Talking Dirty?? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I hope this isn't a dumb question but what do guys want to hear in bed?  Like what "turns them on"?  What can I say that would make my guy happy?  I do not want to sound stupid though!! Please Help!  

Talking Dirty?? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, this may sound retarded but yea, what do guys want to hear?  Like what can a girl say that will "turn a guy on"  ?? I don't want him to think that I'm stupid either, so can you please help me and be serious.  I looked on the internet but I really couldn't find anything to help!!

View more questions Search