Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    archwrig7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Car title
    I traded in my car for another car ,the title is with the dealer.I also want to refinance to reduce mortgage payment,but the bank want the pay off letter of the car.I did not tell them that I took a new car. What should I do?
    archwrig7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by archwrig7
    I traded in my car for another car ,the title is with the dealer.I also want to refinance to reduce mortgage payment,but the bank want the pay off letter of the car.I did not tell them that i took a new car. What should i do?
    please help me
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2008, 02:58 PM
    If I understand your question, you traded in a car that you had a loan on without telling the bank that held the loan?

They will find out soon enough when the dealer starts trying to obtain the title and finds out there is a lien on it from the finance company.

How were you able to trade in the vehicle without a title? Did you tell the dealer that you owed a balance on the vehicle? If so, then they would have obtained this information from the finance company before they made the deal.

If the deal was done properly, you may have to wait until the dealer pays the loan balance before you can obtain that letter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 06:37 PM
    Well if you traded a car in, the dealer who traded would have paid off the car. So contact the lender that you had the original car loan with and ask them to give you a letter stating that loan was paid in full.

If you bought another car, then the lender who you borrowed money on for it, would depending on the type of loan, either they hold the title, or they process your title and you get a copy showing them as lender on the title.

If you are doing something else, then perhaps everything is not on the up and up, and you should be concerned over your debt and titles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title of early 90's or late 80's movie title [ 21 Answers ]

All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. Please help me out if possible.

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Can I get a title if the seller doesn't send me the title but I have the bill of sales [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a used car from a private seller. She just paid off the loan and the lienhold is going to send her the title. She said she is going to sign on the title and send it back to me for the transfer of the ownership. I already got the car. As she is in England right now and I'm in...

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search