Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jarretche Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2006, 02:27 PM
    HELP ! Explorer.exe is running at 100%
    My PC has been running at 100% CPU since installing SP2. I run Windows XP and since the installation of SP2 it boots and if I bring up Task Manager.. it shows explorer.exe at 100% cpu... Can anyone help? I've run Trend Micro PC scan, Ad-aware and so forth and still cannot figure out why it's doing this! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 25, 2006, 10:58 AM
    I have seen this happen when you have video files that get previewied in Windows Explorer. Basically, explorer is taking time to render the AVI file for preview. I have also seen one of the DIVX codecs continually crash Explorer when the file when Windows is trying to preview the file.

This link has two fixes that can be used if this is the issue:
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/lofive....php/t884.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running [ 3 Answers ]

What would be an average time for someone to run 5 kilometers?

Am I running? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, Some of you might know my story, most probably don't. Anyway I have just broken up with my very beautiful girflriend of 7 years and am coming to grips with facing this big wild world or being a man alone for the first time. Am having a tough time dealing with it but with the advice...

Fan outside not running [ 3 Answers ]

I bought this house two years ago and never had a problem until yesterday that I turned the air conditioning on and only got fresh air not cool and the thermostad won't come lower than 75 degrees, when I checked the fan outside it was not working. The furnace turns on. What should I check to see if...

What about running... [ 2 Answers ]

... ABS sewer pipe through or under a foundation? Any problems other than the work involved? What is the best way to seal the pipe if it goes through the foundation. Found some concrete compatible caulk at Home Depot... any good for this?

Been running too long now what! [ 2 Answers ]

Well I think I know the answer but here it goes anyway I dated this girl we went on 4 dates we both been burned a long time ago- but the 4th date was no so great I had family problems and whatever so -we did not spend the night in which we were into each other totally I know I felt it I think she...

View more questions Search