Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michaela521 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Glueing pipe
    :cool: What is the best way to connect abs to pvc pipe in a old home that has abs pipe. They only sell pvc pipe in my area and I have a number of connections that I have to make with pvc pipe into the abs pipe. Thank you for helping me
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 24, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaela521
    :cool: What is the best way to connect abs to pvc pipe in a old home that has abs pipe. They only sell pvc pipe in my area and I have a number of connections that I have to make with pvc pipe into the abs pipe. Thank you for helping me
    No Problem Michael.
    You're looking for Oatey All Purpose Cement
    http://www.oatey.com/apps/catalog/sh...=1&prodgrpid=1
    This cement will glue ABS, PVC and CPVC. Don't forget the primer. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural gas pipe in bsmt is touching gas pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a house and in the basement the single wall furnace flue is touching the dark iron natural gas pipe, just before it enters the brick chimney , the water heater also has single wall flue that runs through wood structure. The previous owner put coffee cans around the flue, he cut off...

Connecting Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Our connecting pipe is for R410a, can it be used for R407c?

Pipe in roof [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pipe that comes out of my roof. The waste water from my clothes washer is draining from there. Why? Is my normal waste water drain clogged? What can I do?

Pipe leaking [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here so please bear with me. My question is what pipe could be leaking in my upstairs master bathroom? My shower is in a u shape, my shower head is on the open end by the sliding doors and the wall is fiberglass stuff and the flat wall is tile and the bottom foot of it caved in and is...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search