Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jocoov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Foreclosure procedures
    I have had my house foreclosed on. I'm looking for answers on what I'm supposed to to do and how much money I owe? I owed 440,000 and I believe the house sold for 250,000 and no one has gotten back to me about what I'm supposed to do next.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
    It all depends on the state that you are in and its statutes. A fair generalization, although not absolute would be that if the debt was secured by a Deed of Trust, and the foreclosure was accomplished via a Trustee Sale, you probably would not owe a deficiency. If the debt was secured by a Realty Mortgage, and there was a Judicial Foreclosure, there is a greater likelihood that you might owe a deficiency. Check your loan papers. Also I believe that the Feds passed a new law that would eliminate your tax liability for money lost by the lender in the foreclosure. I wish you the best. You are not alone.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement procedures [ 1 Answers ]

I will be defaulting on a RV in the next month, my concerns is can the bank come after my personal assets such as small savings or checking acounts. My name in on my wife's business account and I Idon't want to jeopardize her accounts by her business accounts being frozen or garnished. I lost my...

Stored Procedures [ 2 Answers ]

How to Create Stored Procedures in SQL Server?

Procedures for US collections [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone let me know if a US collection agency must follow Ontario Canada procedures if trying to collect from a Canadian citizen living in Ontario?

Postoperative procedures [ 1 Answers ]

This may sound like an odd question, but-- When something is removed during surgery-- an appendix, lanryx, tissue, tumors, gallstones-- what specifically do they do with it? Feed it to the dog? Are there different means of disposal for different stuff? Is there some special container...

View more questions Search