Change spark plugs in cadillac seville
    How do you change the spark plugs on a 1993 cadillac seville
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 14, 2008, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeema
    How do you change the spark plugs on a 1993 cadillac seville
    Which engine: 4.9L or 4.6L?

Actually both are about the same, just the exact location is slightly different.
    On the 4.9L, they are screwed into the side of the cylinder head.
    On the 4.6L, they are screwed into the top of the cylinder head, down through the top of the valve covers.
    Servicing the rear, or right bank, is difficult access. Take your time and move whatever components you need to. Once you've got the old plugs out, apply a dab of dielectric to the new plug, coating all the way around where the spark plug boot rides. This step can alleviate corrosion that can lead to a misfire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil in spark plugs [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a riding mower that, when started would run a few minutes and shut down. I read the manual and it said possibly stale fuel and tune up. I changed the gas, tuned it up, cleaned the carb. When I started it same thing happened,but a big cloud of white smoke came out of the muffler. I...

Replacing Spark plugs [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I hve a 1995 BMW 525I and planning to replace the sprk plugs need to know if I have to use some kind of lubrecant on the sprk plug threads and what will be the torque value, Thanks.

Where are the spark plugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am borrowing a friends riding lawnmower and another friend of mine says the spark plugs are probably out. Where do I find them so I can see if that's what it is?? It's a Troy Built 19 Hp/ 597 cc Twin Cam Kohler... with a 42" I have no clue where to even start looking. My husband is out of town...

Spark Plugs [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1986 Oles with a V8 engine and 125,000 plus miles and the spark plugs have never been replace. My question is should I be concerned about them breaking off leaving the threads in the head? If so what can I do to prevent it?

View more questions Search