Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 07:25 PM
    What does the Pope know?
    The Vatican has just made a statement that the existence of alien beings in space does not go against a belief in God... and that the alien beings are also God's creatures.

Any thoughts about that? Do you suppose those aliens will have to come to Earth to be educated about their creator??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 13, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Moved to Religious Discussions to prevent unnecessary reddies.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 03:25 PM
    I thought that was a fascinating press release.

The crux of the matter for Rome is that if there are aliens, the doctrine of original sin does not apply to them because they have no relationship to the Garden of Eden!! Only human beings on earth have original sin.

BWAH HA HA

Sorry, I can't help it. :)

Former Catholic.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Maybe he hides antennia under that pointed hat?

Reason for so many churches world wide hding places for aliens ?

After WWII they helped war criminals out of Germany, maybe they are helping space aliens enter our society and hiding from the MIB.

But on a serioius ( OK, can I get serious about space aliens? ) but it is a correct statement, and I would assume most churches would agree with such a statement, if there were other words God may have dealth with them on other terms, His relationship with US, is the history of his people ( here on earth) is given to us in the bible. From the bible we know God created all the heavens and the earth. So if they exist we know God also created them. And the bible does not tell us there are not aliens. So guess he is getting ready to start setting up churches up there and start conversions in case they are there.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Makes sense to me.

I have always held the belief that many of the ancient stories about people and things ascending and descending from heaven that were attributed to God, may very well have been visitation by extraterrestrial beings.

Descriptions such as "chariots of fire" and some of the ancient cave art showing saucer shaped objects in the sky, or large headed human looking figures would also be possible evidence that this earth has been, and is still being, visited by beings from another planet or even universe.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

May 16, 2008, 06:26 PM
    I would agree. If there is life on other planets. They would be created by God. We don't know if they are created in God's image. We don't know if they fell into sin an so forth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An italian movie about a runaway pope [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for an older italian movie about a new pope who runs away from the garden of the Vatican. He goes to a small village for a few weeks, makes some friends, then decides he will go back and be the pope. Anyone know the name of this movie? Thanks

What's with the pope? [ 18 Answers ]

So, what is the deal with catholics and the pope? Why do they put such store in someone that is just a mere mortal like the rest of us?:confused:

7 dwarfs and he pope [ 1 Answers ]

The 7 dwarfs are in the vatican visiting the pope. The pope turns rto them and says, so do u have any questions for me? They huddle together shyly going go on! Go on dopey! Ask him! Ask him! So dopey asks, sir, do u have churches in antartica? He says yes my son... go on sk him ask him, sir do they...

The youngest pope was how many years old? [ 2 Answers ]

Who is he? Which country did he hail from? What's his name?

View more questions Search