Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thinkbig727 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Case dismissed, but still after me!
    Hi, below is my story, I am so frustrated and cannot afford to pay for a consultation:

I was a resident manager for an apartment building owner. During my time there, I had a resident who wrote a petition against the Owner for some things the resident claimed I did that was "wrong". To make a long story short, we went to the City Rent Board Mediation and settled the problem. The owner and resident signed an agreement letter to settle any past petitions.

Since then, I have started a property management company and have contracted with the owner to manage the building that I was a resident manager for. After sending the "new management takeover" letter, the resident saw my name on the letter and is now planning on legal action for those items he claims I did "wrong" while being the resident manager.

From my understanding, since I was an "employee" of the owner at that time therefore the petition that the resident agreed to dismissed with the owner should be completely dismissed regardless of me resigning as the resident manager and becoming the property management company? <<<---- hope that makes sense.

Please help...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2008, 05:18 PM
    If those things you "did" were within your employment and if the company you used to work for agreed and tood responsibility,

And if this was already settled, what you have is a trouble maker that will try to cause you trouble eacha and every time they can.
    But of course they can try and sue again, and take you back to the board, and you will have to defend yourself that it was already settleed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had a dismissed case will this prevent me from employment [ 2 Answers ]

I got a theft by check charge about a year ago, but it was dismissed. Will this prevent me from passing a background check from an employer?

Will my dismissed case show up on LIVE SCAN? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an excellent job opportunity that has come up but requires LIVE SCAN and a background check. My concern is that I have a past conviction (theft) that was eventually expunged/dismissed by my lawyer and a plea of not guilty was entered. The expungement was granted by the court about 10 years...

Dismissed Child Support Case [ 9 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to a question I had. If a child support case is dismissed with out prejudice, is the child support still owed? I would appreciate any answers or any references any one has to help me find out. Thanks

Case dismissed refiled [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter had a boyfriend she broke it off with who became angry and filed a small claims saying she owed him money. He did not show up for court and my daughter did. The judge said he dismissed the case. She took off from work to go. Now the guy called and said he would refile. My daughter...

My Case Was Dismissed. What is my recourse? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I filed a small claims court against Equifax. Unfortunately, the court date was set for the same date as my family reunion, which was some 9 hours away. I sent a timely response to the court and to Equifax requesting a change of date. Equifax never responded. I called the clerks office and...

View more questions Search