Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalagirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 07:46 PM
    Ok, girls the Economy pack to skin lightening

Plan A

Fair & WHIte AHA soap w/ no hydroquinnone (caution the blue soap version is not good at least in my opinon)

w/ Women of Color Lotion at Walgreens. The soap must be used with this lotion no mixing or subsitutes.

Night

Godiva Whitening Cream

Plan B

Do this this continually or for two weeks. Then, for two weeks switch to:

Then, use CO Bigelow Lemon Body Wash

With De la Mer Body Serum in the day

And Barmons Vitamin K Cream at night

Or, just stick with plan A or B or do A for 2 weeks and B for 2 weeks

This is what works for me. I use to use Grisi Papaya soap which is good but the products above work even better.

Try this format above for 6 weeks and I guarantee you will be satisfied and half a shade lighter by two months a shade. I promise this will work. I have posted here before and I am sharing what works for me. Because I know how it is to spend hundreds of dollars on stuff that doesn't work. I had to throw away tons of products I bought that didn't work. I have spend 300 dollars to finally get where I am at today. I could have went on a shopping spree I could have went on a trip! But, at least I have found the secrets to success!

I tell you what works for AA skin:

Trader Joe's Oatmeal and honey gyclerine soap

Avon Mark Blemish Neutralizing Cleanser

Mark The Matter the Better Liquid Mattifer

Mark Healthy Shot Tomato Brightening Mask

Avon Clearskin Invisible Blemish Corrector

Neutrogena Pore Cleanser/Mask

I guarantee your dark scars will not fade but diminish as in go away! Your acne will cease and your skin brightness and clarity witll assist you to even skin. Those listed above are the best and only products you will need and the best Avon and Mark has to offer and these products really work and or non irritating. Avon Mark Blemish Cleanser may require a moisturizer. I don't have any break outs now because I use the above. But, I don't use lotion unless I use the Blemish Cleanser above and I dab just a bit in my hands and spread it on my face. Now, when it comes to lotion it will all depend on your skin type and what will work. People with severe acne and very oily skin don't need the lotion unless the skin feels a little tight after continuous use. The oatmeal soap is to be used twice a day there is no need for lotion w/ this. The Mark cleanser may need a light lotion.:)

I promise it will work. I am 100 percent confident! And, its not expensive...

Note with the above only use the CO Bigelow Lemon Wash if you can't handle exfolation or Make up Artist choice exfoliating body wash. But, to make the products above worker 100 times faster use F&W soap AHA. Do not bother with the blue and white soap version as it is that they don't work.

I tried Thienna Body Crème which I am rather surprised works well at an unsually fast rate! I read at one site that one girl thought it was so so and that at times her skin looked light and at times it didn't but. I must say it is working even on my darkest of spots. To the point I wonder just how safe it is. Nothing should work that fast. But, it stinks like hell. So, bad in fact that it drenches in my covers and clothes. I couldn't dare wear this in the daytime. And, at night I have to stay a few inches away from people. ANd, now I must say that I can't even stand smelling myself. It does work. It works so fast that I had to ask them is there Mercury in this product. I feel very safe with this product in the fact that it is made in the US and I don't think anyone would want to put harmful chemicals in product US based they way people sue in AMerica lol.

I am really liking the Thienna because my relative looked at me and said wow this stuff works and she is skeptical about everything now I catch her lathering it on her scar she would put more other places but she can't take the smell either. It has a US Proprietary Patent Pending T77 ingredient and a Magic Touch which I found rather interesting. What is a Magic Touch? Could that be what is so smelly or is it the Ylang Yling or whatever fragrance that is listed. When I first start trying it my skin itched and it broke out with a few bumps on my body. A total of 4 or 5 bumps. But, after 24 hours my skin had did a total major change it's a little freaky really. I don't know what to say about this product its pros are great and its cons are bad. The smell made me feel like I never thought I'd feel before I found the it product for me yet the smell I feel is going to kill me. No seriously, I have a sore throat and I think it is from inhaling the bed covering smell , etc. To the point my lungs and tonsils couldn't take it. You know how in the bed you get your body lotion on your pillow. ANd, you lay your head on your pillow and it connects with your mouth eventually through the night. One grate relief is that they offer 100 percent money back. Now, that is great! Cause its far from cheap. Im up in the middle of the night cause that smell I have on my body won't let me sleep. It is this strong powdery smell. Like secrets powder fresh deordorant but 1000 times stronger. But, this product sure does lighten or at least some what. What a dilemma huh? But, my above regimen works better. Though, I get total body lightening though it takes longer. I have only been using thienna for a few days and I can see where that one girls says it works and did it looked like it didn't. There are parts on my body that it is working faster with. I know that overtime the rest will come along. But, this is truly a good product but I wonder a little about what is exactly in it as I bought a jiaoli cream a long time ago that was rather OK. But, one girl in another forum said it made her seriously ill and she thought it had poision in it or something because she became week and ill and her skin was irritated. Took it to her local public health and said they told her it was really bad and had a high content of mercury! I bought this cream never really used it but I notice a lot of people start to complain about it. I was afraid to use it when I saw the jar was sent with a poorly typed letter that made rather ignorant statements that offended me. And, the whole box had chinese writing and no english I didn't feel comfortable that such a type of product was in a language I couldn't understand. I don't think I wouldn't have been so worried if the letter with jar wasn't so tacky.

If thienna can't come scent free I will regretabbly have to stop using it. They are such good people too. THey always answer your questions and are so friendly. But this sore throat is awful. And, I was scared at first but the initial so called detox period they mention where I was itching and had a few bumps. Wow, that was a interesting experience. My body has been through some things with this produc.t I can twait to wash this stuff off and clean my covers. I don't know I have always had issues w/ sluggishness because I'm anemic but I feel so extra tired with this lotion. And the website said you may feel fatigue w/ this product. Yeah, maybe cause the smell is so darn bad.

Excuse any of the above typos, as I am sick and have a very sore throat and its early in morning about 1 am. And I can't sleep and I am too tired to take a bath to get this smell off me. Darn, this product is good too. But, I worry anything that works that fast is it safe. I notice all the stuff that works fast on me is usually doctor up with a extremely strong awful fragrance. There's Jiaoli that was perfumed to the 3 degree, Carotein fairness cream which works extremely well but smells awful the worst smelling crema I have ever used and will have ever used in my life. They are a joke that company how could they have even packaged that and think someone would buy it no matter how good it was and continue to buy it!! The company who sells it is suspect to and they take forever to answer questions. I asked her is the product safe she never answered it but she said they have not known of the product having a loud smell. She sent a reply 2 weeks later after I had email them. I doubt that they were that busy. When I sent another email regardingthe safeness of the product they never replied! HMMMMMMM... so I threw it away.:eek:

And, the third thienna it smells quite loud and its making me sick. Which is a shame the lotion is very lovely in my opinon. But, no one wants to come near me. LOL Nor, do I want to stand my stinky self... So, as baad and as desperate as I am this will have to be the end of my experience... AWWWWWWWWW:(
    blackbooty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 02:31 PM
    Thanks for the post. It was really helpful
    lalagirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 12:20 AM
    I honestly think Thienna Fairkskin is worth a try, everyone. The body crème has a strong smell but again I was getting compliments. I think results with vary with this product and it also depends on how long you use it for. I saw an instant change but it is again one of those products that I can tell will very as in time length used, complexion, and diet.

They have a variety of products you just have to figure out which one will fit your needs.
    SecretsBeauty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Hi to all,
    If you which to make a melasma treatment, try out the Mesoestetic Cosmelan Pack.
    The pack contains a mask that is applied up to 10 hours.
    From the next day on and for a week the skin will peel a lot, more when it is needed.
    The spots will fade immediately during the first week for about 90%. Some of them may even fade completely. Then the maintenance cream will take care of the rest.
    It is not a TCA peel. No pain. No anaesteshia needed. No side effects: like poisoning like with Jiaoli or skin irritation and rebound effects like with hydroquinone.
    The good news is that it can be applied by people with any skin color, even black.
    That's because the cosmelan active ingredients do not bleach your skin. It regulates the enzyme responsible for your skin color, it doesn't lighten your skin more that what it is it's genetical color. Which means that color only is able to fade to the skin tone you were born with ! Uauuu !
    So if you are black and want to be whiter, this is not for you. If you are black and have melasma, want to treat it and win a brand new skin, this for you.
    This is a professional use product. Found on doctors cabinets. But can be easily applied by you.
    Do a search on a search engine for "cosmelan buy". You will find sources where to buy it cheaper than the $1000 charged by professionals.
    For more information, visit the official site.
    Christina
    zezetop07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by realsweet
    the 6% i got, like i said i dont want to advertise so if you want to know just send me an message or let me know and we can speak in private. Im a dark-skinned african american. not burnt. but i have a carribean/native american complexion I can't describe my complexion and compare it to a celeb because not alot of people have my complexion. my face has many different colors on it. very dark on my forehead and cheeks. when i was done with the 2oz cream for the face and neck were completely even from what i remember. The 6% that i used on my body lightened me really fast i saw a difference in a week. but i just started to use it again today so i have to start over and i look foward to the results. The 6% comes in 2oz and 4oz. i always order the 2oz because as u may imagine they are very expensive. As long as you dont over do the 2oz it prob last a month the 4oz maybe a little longer. I found out you can order there stuff over the phone..so if u are interested let me know. I also know of a skin spa in los angeles and the facial lightened me about 3 shades immediately. they have other locations in california and i think one in georgia. When you are ready...contact me

The skin spa could you please look into it for me and see if they have one in canada
    Thanks
    rbnhawkins Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Can I get the info 2 order over the phone

Mar 16, 2007, 01:28 PM
    My email is [email protected].
    Thanks. Christina.
    sleeper Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Don't change 1 thing about yourself girl's..
    ggmagoo Posts: 41, Reputation: 6

Mar 29, 2007, 07:55 AM
    All can say about these various comments is HOW SAD.
    singing_cs Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Apr 4, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Hey Realsweet,

I have an appointment with a dermatologist next week because I do have acne and acne scars. I'm also dark skinned and wanted to lighten my skin maybe a shade or two. Do I ask the dermatologist to perscribe me with 6% hydroquinone or do I ask for a cream that contains6% hydroquinone? Do you think he will give it to me? What did your doctor say? Right now I'm using the Dermaclair beauty cream and I have not seen any results. It's supposed to lighten dark skin but it has not worked for me yet. I do not want my complexion to look "BLEACHED" but I just want a naturally lighter and clear complexion. What are you using on your skin now? Have you seen results?

the 6% i got, like i said i dont want to advertise so if you want to know just send me an message or let me know and we can speak in private. Im a dark-skinned african american. not burnt. but i have a carribean/native american complexion I can't describe my complexion and compare it to a celeb because not alot of people have my complexion. my face has many different colors on it. very dark on my forehead and cheeks. when i was done with the 2oz cream for the face and neck were completely even from what i remember. The 6% that i used on my body lightened me really fast i saw a difference in a week. but i just started to use it again today so i have to start over and i look foward to the results. The 6% comes in 2oz and 4oz. i always order the 2oz because as u may imagine they are very expensive. As long as you dont over do the 2oz it prob last a month the 4oz maybe a little longer. I found out you can order there stuff over the phone..so if u are interested let me know. I also know of a skin spa in los angeles and the facial lightened me about 3 shades immediately. they have other locations in california and i think one in georgia. When you are ready...contact me

Apr 4, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Did you all know that hydroqinone is well know has for having serious health threatening side-effects ?
    Not those kind that happen in 1 in a million users, but serious and very frequent side-effects.
    That is why it is being put aside by other kind of products.
    Hydroquinone is already considered a ingredient of the past.
    Christina.
    allura Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 09:02 PM
    I noticed my body lightened about 1 and a half to 2 shades in a week. my face and neck I think was about the same. My neck use to be very dark compared to my face and when i finished it was all the same color and very smooth.

Hi I was interested in finding out about the hydroquinone. Could you tell me more?
    Erii_baby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Hey I am a dark skin African and I was wondering if there are any all natural ways of lightening your skin... like no chemicals required. And I also have very sensitive skin.
    tams1hourfitness Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Could I call you and get info on that skin cream
    pkennedy1990 Posts: 22, Reputation: -1

Jul 2, 2007, 07:20 AM
    First of all, I am NATIVE AMERICAN. I only answer this because I get treated like "black" everywhere I go because my skin is dark. That is the ONLY reason. I actually have Native/Hispanic features. My fellow Choctaw INDIANS tell me that that is probably why Black men can't keep their filthy sleazy hands off me, because I am, and look, Indian but they think all dark skin is "black" and thus, "theirs" to paw all over and never take NO for an answer...

Monobenzone works. The only problem is it is prohibitively EXPENSIVE. I got some, one little tube of it for about $80, the pharmacy took like three months to get it ordered (there is only one place in all of Canada and its counterpart in the States, that manufactures the stuff) and because of that horrendous price, I haven't been able to afford any more of it. It did, however, start to work, that much I can tell. I can also tell that if I had used like 40% or 60% concentration I would have seen more results even from that tiny little tube.

So, as someone who is sick and tired of being treated like something she is NOT everywhere I go, this stuff is worth it. Worth working my fingers to the bone for enough money to get more of it, that is.

For someone who is a dark-skinned Native American or Latina but who is OK with being treated like "African" instead with all the negative cultural assumptions that goes with all of that, then, no, Monobenzone would not be worth it.

And as for "danger" - how can there be any danger factor associated with getting the "right" colour skin to get a job in the fields of Math, Science, Computers, or Law... a JOB that will pay for the insurance needed to go to the dermatologist for the SUNSCREEN that will be all you will really need for the rest of your life, anyway..

All this depends on why you need lighter skin. If you are Native or Latina and OK with being treated like something you are culturally and ethnically NOT, with all the negative implications that always go with it, then, use Hydroquinone or Kojic Acid or something weaker.
    makesence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 04:05 PM
    pkennedy1990Jul 2, 2007, 02:20 PM
    First of all, I am NATIVE AMERICAN. I only answer this because I get treated like "black" everywhere I go because my skin is dark. That is the ONLY reason. I actually have Native/Hispanic features. My fellow Choctaw INDIANS tell me that that is probably why Black men can't keep their filthy sleazy hands off me, because I am, and look, Indian but they think all dark skin is "black" and thus, "theirs" to paw all over and never take NO for an answer...

Monobenzone works. The only problem is it is prohibitively EXPENSIVE. I got some, one little tube of it for about $80, the pharmacy took like three months to get it ordered (there is only one place in all of Canada and its counterpart in the States, that manufactures the stuff) and because of that horrendous price, I haven't been able to afford any more of it. It did, however, start to work, that much I can tell. I can also tell that if I had used like 40% or 60% concentration I would have seen more results even from that tiny little tube.

So, as someone who is sick and tired of being treated like something she is NOT everywhere I go, this stuff is worth it. Worth working my fingers to the bone for enough money to get more of it, that is.

For someone who is a dark-skinned Native American or Latina but who is OK with being treated like "African" instead with all the negative cultural assumptions that goes with all of that, then, no, Monobenzone would not be worth it.

And as for "danger" - how can there be any danger factor associated with getting the "right" colour skin to get a job in the fields of Math, Science, Computers, or Law... a JOB that will pay for the insurance needed to go to the dermatologist for the SUNSCREEN that will be all you will really need for the rest of your life, anyway..

All this depends on why you need lighter skin. If you are Native or Latina and OK with being treated like something you are culturally and ethnically NOT, with all the negative implications that always go with it, then, use Hydroquinone or Kojic Acid or something weaker.

pkennedy1990, you must really feel highly of yourself, what makes you think that there is a positive outlook on Native Americans, after all you are drunks and could not even hold on to you own land! What makes you think that black men want you, this must be a desire of yours, because I don't know many black men that like Native American women, maybe Latin American women, but not native american women, as far as I know native americans are not attractive at all. So maybe your problem is not that you are dark, but because you are just plain unattractive, I think maybe you should also consider plastic surgery while you are working on the "perfect skin color", because if you are light and ugly, it means nothing.
    Oh and by the way I am a beautiful, proud black women with a great job, and Oh by the way, maybe you should stop drinking and get an education, then maybe, you will get that job in Math, Science, Computers, or Law.. and as for being treated like "African," I would rather be treated that way, then like a "Native," and also, don't put yourself in the category of latinos, because they are naturally beautiful no matter what shade they are.
    no1brownsugar Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Jul 7, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Hiya
    I'm nu but I wos reading and sm1 asked if meladerm wrkd
    I bought it 4 lyk £39 bucks and it ran out for me after a month
    The results were not good at all in my opinion but I guess I should have bought another 1 n tried it out 4 longer

For those wondering why I want to lighten my skin:
    1. my face, shoulders and kness are darker than my body - wierdly enuff
    2. I have bare scars frm childhood and I hate showing my legs and arms in public
    But its not becos I just wnt to be a few shades lighter

I am nt ashamed 2 say insecurity plays a minor part I this, but its so important to make sure that the product anyone uses is safe and that is what I'm worried about
    p.s. hydroquinone and kojic acis IS dangerous, check out BBC Inside Out -

Who genuinely feels that a certain product wrks becos I am desper8 ryt about now
    Wb
    Thanks 4 all the advice so far its bin great :)
    Skyflower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 10:09 PM
    i have had a chemical peel and it didnt really lighten my skin much. Id say a half a shade. but it did make my skin a smoother texture. I Have used hydroquinone 6% on my body and like 4% on my face. it works really fast but u can only get it from a dermatologist
    RealSweet,

How do I order the hydroquinone 6%?

RS
    sweetcaroline Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Jul 23, 2007, 11:17 AM
    You guys, from honest people who tried Benoquin over several months or years, there's nothing but HORROR STORIES.

Benoquin is PRESCRIBTION-ONLY, and ONLY WORKS IN FINAL DEPIGMENTATION OF VITILIGO.

I wanted to use Benoquin also, but saw that everyone who said it works fast were people who just recently tried it, and saw initially fast lightening. What about people that used for years? Nic said this before and after pics of the depigged indian girl is FAKE. So I wonder if it is a seller (sharefun) trying to get people to buy Monobenzone from her? By preying on your emotions, racism and fake stories that it worked for them.
    choco29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 09:08 PM
    I am desperate for any answers or anyone that can help me. I'm a 29 year old dark skinned black woman who has suffered from acne since I was a teenager, which has left scarring on my face, back and chest. All I want is something that will help diminish the scars. I feel extremely depressed because I can't wear certain clothing because I have to cover up my skin because of severe embarrassment and shame. I have hidden my condition for years from my family, friends and loved ones. One of my best friends is getting married in a few months and I am dreading the day when she asks me to be a bridesmaid and I can't wear a sleeveless or backless dress. I don't know what to do. I feel that I will never get married myself and have a family because of my skin condition. It hurts me so bad that I will never be able to give my dad the opportunity to walk me down the aisle. There is this great guy in my life but he has no idea as to the severity of my condition and it kills me that I will have to let him find someone else. HELP!! I'm so depressed and I think that I may very well one day become suicidal.

Is there anything that can help me? I love my complexion, I just hate the scars. I only want something that will help the scars fade before I lose the love of my life forever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help. African American With Bad Acne. Help [ 32 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am a african american female with the worse acne possible. I have no idea what to do about all of this in my face. I have tried just about everything on the market and I am feeling hopeless now. At present, I am using proactiv solutions to try to clear up my face, and that seems not...

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

African American given names [ 8 Answers ]

Not having grown up with African Americans (I'm in northern Canada), I'm curious as to the significance of the unique, interesting names of many African American girls and women. For example, on American Idol, there is Tinnik, Mandisa, and of course Fantasia from 2 years ago. Is this some sort of...

African-american musician [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a blind black musician who recorded probably during the 20s through 30s.The story is he was blinded by his mother possibly with lye,I think he was a blues singer who played a guitar.I tried goggle but I don't have a enough information. Thanks for any information...

African American History after the civil war [ 1 Answers ]

I got a couple of questions... ;D 1. What was presidential reconsturction? What policies concerning Freedmen are most associated with it? 2. What was congressional reconstruction? What are the greatest and/or enduring accomplishments of this era? 3. What were the black codes? 4. What...

View more questions Search