Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    demo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 02:11 PM
    What is the most quick way to get rid of a timeshare?
    A close friend has been trying so hard to get out of his timeshare. I promised him I would use my inner computer-geek skills to work. What can he do to get rid of his timeshare?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Have you tried sellmytimesharenow.com
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 02:37 PM
    He will have to sell it for less money than it most likely things he can get.
    lgaraby Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Yeah, timeshares are hard things to get rid of fast, as my parents learned last year. I'm no expert but I think places like eBay might even be better than going through an actual resale company because at least then you'll be in control of what happens and there's no chance of a scam. Then there are companies like Timeshare Relief who will get rid of it for you for a fee. It depends on how bad you want to get rid of it and how hard it is to get rid of. You might want to post this question to a timeshare forum, too.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 13, 2008, 01:25 PM
    In my humble opinion Time Shares are a scam, in which the guys wearing plaid sport coats and lime green pants rip off consumers with high pressure sales tactics, not to mention the exhorbitant annual "redecorating" assessments. On my advice several friends have signed a Deed-In-Lieu of Foreclosure, or just walked away from it, without any ill affects. Have your friend pull his credit from all three bureaus, and I will bet dollars to doughnuts that the debt for the time share will not appear on any of them. I can only suspect that the reason for this is that the financing is done by some edge of the law outfit.

Don't pay any up front money to someone who promises to sell the time share. You may try to sell it if you can, but no doubt you owe much more than it is worth. If it were me, I would tell them to pound sand. There is always the possibility that my advice is wrong, but I doubt it.
    conniefauser Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 03:51 PM
    I owned a timeshare that I tried to sell to get rid of—that lasted almost three years. I found a company that did title transfers exclusively for timeshares—Timeshare Relief—and they took it right away, sight unseen. If only I found them sooner.
    gladysfranklyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 02:14 PM

I know this is a really old post, but I must say that I was able to get rid of my Timeshare through Timeshare Sell Now. I agree with Dr D in saying that most timeshare companies are a scam but Timeshare Sellnow worked for me. I did have to pay but it was not upfront. I covered my transfer fees on the timeshare which came out to about 1900 because it was in Mexico but ultimately I did receive a check for the sale. If any companies out there are telling you that you must cover the closing on the timeshare just hang up the phone. The buyer should always cover the closing and taxes. Good Luck out there please feel free to reply if you have any questions in regards to the sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection for Timeshare Fees [ 1 Answers ]

I paid for a "vacation club" not really a timeshare and now have stopped paying for the maintenance fees for the last 5 years. I had tried to sell the use of the unit but was not successful, other than accumulating more fees. I do not use the vacation club and have told them I will no longer use...

Timeshare garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

How much can a timeshare company garnish from my pay if I am in default of my mortague and get sued

Most quick way to find out? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi what's the Most quick way to find out if you are pregnant? Meaning do u actually have to wwait that whole month or can u find out within a couple weeks?:confused:

Lose on a timeshare resale [ 2 Answers ]

We will be selling an unused timeshare back to the seller at a lose ( we owned it for 5 years). Can we claim the lose?

View more questions Search