Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tipsea2006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Slimy bricks
    Hi I have a brick walkway that was built with old bricks. I use my water sprinkler daily and my bricks are extremely slimey and slippery. How can I celan the slime off and keep the old appearance?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 04:44 PM
    A higher strength power washer might work.
    jujube Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Are they in the sun or the shade? If they are in the shade you probably have a fine layer of slime mold growing on them, which you would either have to power spray off or scrub off or use an herbicide to kill. Just water alone shouldn't make your bricks that slippery- they have either algae or mold growing on them.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 22, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Combine the two answers you have already and your problem will be gone. Rather than buyiong some expensive cleaner or herbicide you can spary on a mix of bleach and water in a 1:3 ratio.
    jujube Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Combine the two answers you have already and your problem will be gone. Rather than buyiong some expensive cleaner or herbicide you can spary on a mix of bleach and water in a 1:3 ratio.

Make sure you have on an old pair of pants or shorts on when you spray a bleach solution or you will end up with little white spots all over your clothing!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bucket of bricks [ 4 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP ME! Years ago I heard this hilarious irish "song" about a couple of builders trying to get this bucket of bricks up a building. That was the one & only time I have ever heard it, and I would love to find out the title & artist, so can anyone please help me??

Bucket of bricks ? [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP ME! Years ago I heard this hilarious irish "song" about a couple of builders trying to get this bucket of bricks up a building. That was the one & only time I have ever heard it, and I would love to find out the title & artist, so can anyone please help me??

Thropat problems: dry, slimy and caughing [ 2 Answers ]

Hey! Sorry if my english is a bit bad gut I live in Sweden so it isn't my first language. Anyway for about 2 months now my throat has been sore and full of slime and I have been coughing a lot. This has been some sort of sickness that has been increasing and then decreasing. Sometimes I...

My 13 year old retriever has slimy poo. [ 2 Answers ]

My 13 year old dog has arthritis and sometimes has accidents in the house. This is very out of character and she shows no remorse. The accidents are faecal and look slimy. Is this a symptom of something.

A slimy discharge? [ 3 Answers ]

Since 2004 up till now I'm seeing this slimy discharge.it doesn't smell and it's of a clear colour.it comes sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.I don't know what is this but I am asking for help,and I am a virgin.I never in my life insert something in my vagina.

View more questions Search