Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yurka80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat.
    I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat.

The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows:

O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve?
    Y - Blue, Cooling stage 1?
    R- Red, Power
    E - Jumpered to W2 Emergency Heat relay?
    G- Fan
    C - 24 Vac Common?

What is the proper mapping of the connections to the new thermostat? And also what are the right programming options for it?

:confused:

Thanks!
    Yuriy
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
    First of all you did not supply the complete model number. There is a letter after the 6000 part.

Here is a wiring diagram that will cover them all.
    Just follow the directions

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli.../69-1920ES.pdf

If you cannot follow the directions then you will probably have to call for a pro to do the install. Way to many variables to and to many chances of damaging the unit.

NOTE Honeywell has a toll free number to call if you need them.
    yurka80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
    I used that guide, namely the wiring schema for 2H/1C Heat Pump System, the problem is that it's calling for 7 wires, one for L, but my existing Thermostat only has 6. Also when I did wire it, once my heat turns on, it immediately turned on the Emergency Heat, but the air coming out of the registers was still cold.
    enirpmet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 01:39 PM
    I have they same problem with the emergency hgeat turning on immediately. What was your resolution?

Thanks

Matt
    Seann Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 03:00 PM
    hi

first of all this is a professional thermostat and should be installed only by a contractor,however
    O-O/B
    Y-Y
    G-G
    E-E
    C-C
    R-R^Rc
    as per wiring it seems to be Heatpump all electric
    hense the ISU also has to be changed so speak to a contractor or check installation guide

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat for heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

I'm replacing a 24 year old Bryant heat pump thermostat with two mercury switches, part number P271-3457 with a Honeywell RTH7400. It controls a heat pump/air conditioner with electric thermal storage (equivalent to electric resistance backup) as second stage heating. The Honeywell manual and...

Wiring Thermostat Honeywell 8320U to Furnace-heat pump Trane XE78+XE1000 Combo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following systems, each set is functional and individually controlled by two separate Trane Weathertron BAYSTAT240 thermostats. Set 1: Trane Weathertron: BAYSTAT240 Heat side Trane XE78: TUD080C936A1 (Date: 02/1993) Cooling side Trane XE78: TXCO36C4HPB0 (date H06) Heat...

Replacing an old Honeywell Thermostat with a Hunter Model 44260 to a York Heat Pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older Honeywell thermostat with wiring G(green) W(white) R(red) X(blue) B(black) O(orange) & Y(yellow). My new programmable thermostat Hunter 44260 has G R/C R/H Y/O W/B & Y1. Which wires go where on the new 44260 thermostat? The manual is not easy to understand. Thanks! D

Replacing old heat pump thermostat with Honeywell RTH3100C [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem heat pump with auxiliary and emergency heat. My current thermostat is a Seco TA-2000 with the following wiring configuration: B W2 X R G and a piece of wire connected between E and W2. There's also an orange wire that's not connected to the thermostat. The Honeywell manual does not...

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Rheem) [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Rheem HVAC in my house. Currently using Rheem thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump as well as Natural gas furnace for aux heating (besides the air...

View more questions Search