Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JessiJello Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 11:09 AM
    1 light 3 different switches
    How do I control one light with three different (DPDT) switches? And without the use of four way switches?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 12, 2008, 05:37 PM
    You DON'T. You use two 3-way switches and one 4-way switch.
    You DO NOT use "DPDT" switches.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 14, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Sorry, I give advice on how to do things RIGHT, not for "experiments".
    Ask your shop teacher how to do it. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Honda accord no parking lights or dashboard background light + SRS Light on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I believe a problematic bulb caused a short in my car's Electrical system. The reason I say this, is that the following Problems have come up since I used the trailer... 1. SRS light is now on 2. The light that illuminates the spedometer, RPM's, and gas (background light) doesn't...

Hampton Bay track light - pendant light cord length [ 2 Answers ]

How can I shorten the length of the light cord on a Hampton Bay track system ? There is a tube that plugs into the track that has a serries of screws but there is also a screw at the light base also.

Leviton PR150 Motion LIght Control Flickers light instead of keeping them on [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I installed a Leviton Motion Sensor Light Control (PR150). In the on position it works fine, the lights are one. But on auto it seems to only flicker the lights. They do not get to full brightness and they flash. It looks like the sensor is also acting weird as the LED light on the...

80s Chev truck, brake light - tail light troubleshoot [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please. Have early 80s chev pu... Front L turn signal light comes on when brake is applied... Seen a few of these on the road... Could this be a chev problem? Or just an electrical problem? Is there an obvious answer? Thanks, David

Light at own home produces sound when light at neighbor's house is switched on [ 4 Answers ]

I've moved into an apartment. I noticed that whenever I switched on my fluorescence light and when my neighbor switches on his light, my fluorescence light would produce a 'rrrrr' or 'mmm' sound which sometimes can be loud and irritating. I have tried changing the light bulb and even the ballast...

View more questions Search