Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

May 12, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Putting tile on stairs
    My husband and I live in a upper floor condo. The stairs going up to our unit are carpeted. Since the stairs are right by the entry door, they get really dirty. It is so hard to keep them clean that we want to get rid of the carpet.

We are starting the process of replacing most of the floors in our condo already. We are putting in bamboo floors in the kitchen/living room/ and upper landing. We were thinking about putting bamboo on the stairs too but was told by many people that this would be really slippery. We are tiling the entry way and are thinking about tiling the stairs then too.

Has anyone put tile on stairs? How difficult is this to do? Any advise about doing this?

We are having some people over to help who have experience with tiling. I just wanted to know what others thought about this first.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

May 12, 2008, 08:22 AM
    This can be done. Just need something on the edge of the stair to keep the tile from breaking or chipping. Check out this link for a stair nosing from Schluter.

Schluter-TREP-FL - Schluter-Systems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceramic tile over self adhesive vinyl tile work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small bathroom with self-adhesive vinyl tile on the floor. Can I put ceramic tile over this vinyl tile?

Removing grout from tile to reuse tile [ 5 Answers ]

We had our kitchen remodeled last year and removed/saved the old tile. We are now doing a bathroom and want to reuse the tile. How do I remove old grout from the back of tile so I can reuse the tile?

Putting laminate on stairs [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and I want to put laminate flooring in our condo. We have an upstairs unit. Right now there is carpet on the stairs, landing, and it runs into the living room. We would like to put laminate flooring in the kitchen (which has vinyl flooring right now), living room, landing, and stairs. ...

Putting linoleum over 6x6 tile [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to put new flooring in my basement. Currently there are 6x6 vinyl tiles. I'm not sure if they are asbestos tiles, but I thought it might be easiest to just roll new linoleum over top of it instead of removing them. There are a few loose tiles, but if I remove them and use something to...

View more questions Search