Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadinsaxonburg Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Am I being too jealous?
    My husband went on a business trip last week. This was his first trip by himself. He stayed at a hotel that had a flower exhibit going on. The city of costa rica has 2 news reporters (1female 1 male) of which both were at the hotel. The female reporter was very pretty. She had a dress on that was a very deep V. my husband did not show the picture of him with this reporter until 2 days after he came home. He said that he wanted to show me something but I could not get upset. When he showed me the picture, I felt very hurt. This was the only picture of a person that he had taken on his trip. He said he wanted a picture of both reporters, but they did not speak english and they did not understand. The girl had her hand on my husbands shoulder, but my husband was not touching her. He said that it was not a big deal, and he did not understand why I was upset. I said I felt that he did not show it to me because he thought that I would be mad, then he decided to show me because my father is his boss and he thought that I would find out anyway. I do not understand how he could not understand how I feel. He said that he would have no problem with me having my picture taken with a hot guy if he was not there! I said that I would never do that. Am I too jealous or do I have a reason to be hurt by the whole situation?? :confused:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Okay, if he had been kissing her, or going out to dinner alone with her, when he was on a business trip apart from you, THEN I can see being jealous.

But a picture, in a public place, with a woman he couldn't even exhange 2 words with? Seriously honey... you need to get over that. If he had had his picture taken with Cinderella at Disney World, would you have been JUST as jealous?
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Yes, I do think that you are being too jealous.

So what if he he met two beautiful women? He is going to meet many more and so are you (men).
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

May 12, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Just a question about the situation, WHY did he want a picture with these women?

May 12, 2008, 08:34 AM
    That's what I said. He responded because she was so beautiful.

May 12, 2008, 08:35 AM
    One of the reporters was a very handsom guy, but he only got a picture of the lady
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Men seem to act on impulse. Women usually don't.

Ask him 'If I saw this incredibly hot guy and asked to get my picture with him, would you get upset to?'

His answer will probably be no, but I do think deep down, he would feel hurt. I misread the part were he wanted to get a picture with her because she was beautiful.

I agree with Synnen too. He didn't physically do anything wrong with this woman. He found her attractive, wanted his picture with her, leaves the country and her behind, comes back home to you and all is forgotten.
    thoughtiwastheman Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

May 12, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Yes, you are too jealous. He's arms weren't even around the woman. And so what if your husband found the woman attractive. Do you think you are the ONLY woman your husband should find attractive? I find a lot of women attractive but that doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with them or that they would even consider me in that light. I don't mean to be a little upset but ITS JUST A PICTURE. He'll probably never see the woman again anyway.

May 12, 2008, 08:54 AM
    I guess the worst part was that first he tried to hide it, and second it did not bother him that I was hurt!
    jkh Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

May 12, 2008, 09:55 PM
    I understand where you are coming from, but I hate to say I used to be really jealous. I would not worry about it, if he has never given you a reason not to trust him, then there is no need to get upset about it. I would have to tell myself this repeatedly, when it came to my fiancé. He works in a very social setting with a lot of pretty women. But I totally trust him and know he would never do anything wrong.

Just want you to know that I know where you are coming from.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 12, 2008, 10:04 PM
    The woman is a celebrity. Your husband knows you, and he knew you would have a problem with it. Ya, I would say you are too jealous. When people get jealous over incidental things like that, they tend to do more harm than good. Now your hubby will surely be more discreet in regards to what he discloses to you. It would have been really nice if you could have smiled and enjoyed the story that came with the picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still jealous [ 18 Answers ]

I wrote a post on here a few weeks again about my problem with Jealousy. I thought it was getting better after I read everyone's replys but its not. Last night we were watching the telly when a naked woman came on I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter just because he was watching the...

Am I jealous [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in a relationship for a year. Over the course of time me and my girlfriend have drifted. We hang out very less. She prefers hanging out with others more than me. We rarely get some time alone. I ask her out for dinner or something many times but she always makes some excuse. And...

He is jealous of me [ 6 Answers ]

I know him for 1,5 years. Recently he asked me to be together. Although this was not what exactly I wanted I agree in order not to lose him. Now he is really jealous of me and tis is nerve-racking (we live 300km away). I love him and I know that he loves me too this situation is killing me. The...

Jealous or not [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I had a cookout for a few friends and family, one of our friends brought his live-in girlfriend with him, which neither me or my husband know very well. I made the remark to her that she looked a lot like another friend of ours that was not there, my husband said yes she does but she...

I am so jealous [ 19 Answers ]

Please help!! I have been with my boyfriend for 7 months, I met him in mallorca as I came over to work in the summer, he was my supervisor in the bar I worked. He is spanish and I am now living with him in mallorca. I love him to bits and I know he loves me but I am so jealous!! Its got to the...

View more questions Search