Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runnergirl0408 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Plumbing leak
    Hi,
    I have a leak in my bathroom coming from under the carpet in the door way. My stand alone shower is to the left. I have a separate garden tub.I need some advice on where to start looking.please help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 12, 2008, 11:11 AM
    You first have to take the carpet up and track the leak back to the source. Look for fresh water. Are you on a slab? Do you have a custom tile shower or a manufactured one? I need more details other then ,"i have a leak". Regards, Tom
    runnergirl0408 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Thanks for responding! It's a custom tile shower and concrete slab. It only leaks when used.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 12, 2008, 02:08 PM
    If it's a custom tile then I would check the tile grout where then stream hits it. Also the shower door gaskets but my bet's on tile grout that's shrunk allowing water to run down behind the shower pan onto the floor Good luck, n Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing/upstairs leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a walk in, ceramic, shower in the upstairs master bath. It is leaking into the downstairs ceiling (living room). We have removed pieces of the ceiling under the shower to see what the issue may be. It has a constant drip that speeds up when the shower is being used but never stops. It fills...

Plumbing leak [ 1 Answers ]

I might have a small leak in the hose faucet connected to the kitchen wall. I know it would be easy to repair if a go through the kitchen wall to get to it. Does a job like this one be difficult and expensive to repair?

Shower pipe plumbing leak [ 21 Answers ]

I have a leak that has progressed into a problem in my living room's ceiling tiles. My shower is directly above and the drain p-trap is visible through the tiles. A couple of tiles have become soggy and discolored, so I removed 6 - 14" ceiling tiles to see the problem. The ceiling section above...

Plumbing leak in concrete floor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hot water leak in a copper pipe about 5 inches slab is 12inches does anyone know any easy way to fix?

Ceiling leak from tub plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I live in an upstairs condo. My downstairs (condo) neighbor just showed me holes he has had to drill in his ceiling. He's had to drain off water that has seeped through from my tub plumbing upstairs. Many of the upstairs condo's in our complex have had to face this problem. The complex was...

View more questions Search