Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    workerbee Posts: 104, Reputation: 7

May 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Facial melasma
    Anyone know of a good crème that will remove melasma? Tri-luma works great but it comes back

workerbee
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 12, 2008, 02:30 AM
    Try using creams/lotions containing kojic acid, arbutin.. And apply only to the pigmented area. Also use sunscreen to prevent it from coming back. The most popular cream at the moment is from Diana Stalder and Bio Claire. So you might want to try them out.
    For more information. Please read this post. :)
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...ns-190905.html
    chipp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Hi Hunny! I just might have the perfect solution for you, but let me give you a little advice first. Don't use any type of skin lightening products. They aren't actually lightening the skin, but slowing the production of melanin. If you stop using the cream, your skin might actually become darker than before you began to use the product in the first place. This is for any skin lightening product. I suggest you look into microdermabrasion! It's the safest thing out there I could find. Not only that, but its permanent. Microdermabrasion is a skin-freshening technique that helps repair facial skin that takes a beating from the sun and the effects of aging. The plastic surgeon uses a device like a fine sandblaster to spray tiny crystals across the face, mixing gentle abrasion with suction to remove the dead, outer layer of skin. As with other skin rejuvenation techniques, more than one treatment may be needed to reduce or remove fine wrinkles and unwanted pigmentation. I copied and pasted what microdermabrasion just to give you an idea about how it works. I suggest that you see a professional to have this done. This procedure may require more than one session depending on the condition of your skin. The doctor will discuss this with you upon a consultation. Different things work for different people, but THIS COULD BE THE SOLUTION FOR YOU! I'd give it a try and see what the doctors are able to do for you. It might just be worth it and possibly the best thing you could ever do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alternate treatmens for Melasma [ 1 Answers ]

I have used hydroquinine successfully. It lightens the spots to some degree. Now I learn of the toxicity of that product. What are other effective products?

View more questions Search