Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 5, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I think you missed the whole point of my response. You asked the question; "Where does the Bible say anything about there not being any life on other planets?". My point was simply, that the question is one sided. It's a similar trick that pollsters use to get skewed results from their polls. By asking limited questions, the results can be spun in different ways.

I don't believe that absence of evidence constitutes evidence of absence. Do you?

Terra refers to Earth. Extra-Terrestial means outside of Earth. Someone or something that is extra-terrestial is something not of or from this Earth.
    As I said, clearly applicable to angelic creatures.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 5, 2006, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    I don't believe that absence of evidence constitutes evidence of absence. Do you?
    You still seem to be missing my point. No I don't believe that. But that's exactly how you phrased your question. By asking the question; "Where does the Bible say anything about there not being any life on other planets?". You are suggesting that the "absence of evidence constitutes evidence of absence".
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Of course there are other planets in this unniverse. How can we believe that in this never ending universe we are the only living planet... mmmm I cant!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Never ending universe? Why, that's like saying the Earth is flat lol :cool:
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Apr 5, 2006, 11:17 AM
    Well DrJizzle ,
    Can you see it's end?
    If it's a sphere, you can say it never ends.
    As far as I can see, from here, like all of us: it's both ends are a mystery for me!
    And so it's birth as well: WHY is there ANYTHING AT ALL??
    Millie
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    :)
    -

Apr 5, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    You still seem to be missing my point. No I don't believe that. But that's exactly how you phrased your question. By asking the question; "Where does the Bible say anything about there not being any life on other planets?". You are suggesting that the "absence of evidence constitutes evidence of absence".
    Sorry that you misunderstood the intention of my words.
    I believe someone made a reference about the Bible not mentioning life on other planets and I responded by saying that neither does the Bible deny such life. Anything beyond that simple statement is the reader's interpretation.

Hope that clears it up.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2006, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by milliec
    Well DrJizzle ,
    Can you see it's end?
    If it's a sphere, you can say it never ends.
    As far as I can see, from here, like all of us: it's both ends are a mistery for me!
    And so it's birth as well: WHY is there ANYTHING AT ALL ??????
    Millie
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    :)
    Well Millie,

No, I cannot see its end. And you are right, in a sense, if it is a sphere, one could say it never ends... just as one could say that the Earth is never ending.

You did not see my birth, but do you believe I was born?

You cannot see my death, but do you believe I will die?

;)
    -

Apr 5, 2006, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Well Millie,

No, i cannot see its end. and you are right, in a sense, if it is a sphere, one could say it never ends... just as one could say that the Earth is never ending.

You did not see my birth, but do you believe I was born?

You cannot see my death, but do you believe I will die?

;)
    If the universe is a sphere, then it would require bounderies which outline it as such as well as location and the location itself would require a location ad infinitum. It's the paradox of infinite regression. Indeed the only way I have found to escape this paradox is to reject dimensionality altogether. Just a thought. : )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bay Island" ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I received as a gift a Hampton Bay,"Bay Island" ceiling fan Some of the description reads as such : 52" ceiling fan, oil rubbed bronze finish, Venetian Scavo glass, 442031, model # 14161, purchase order # is 56196192 My question is this, does the glass globe shown on the box actually come...

Uncle Albert's Mysterious Island Help! [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone give clues to this game or where to find some online. This is a PC/MAC game. ?

Long Island Ducks [ 1 Answers ]

Are the Long Island Ducks base ball team, a farm team or connected to a major league team? Lou Lou

View more questions Search