Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnwi3 Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Custom shower
    I'm installing a custom shower in my new home. House will be supplied by a well. What is the typical output from a residential well system? THe reason I ask is don't know if the flow rate of body sprayers will exceed what my system is capable of? Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 11, 2008, 04:01 PM
    The pump output will be determined by the size and type of the pump. I would be more concerned about your house piping. If the body sprayers call for more volume then your 1/2" branch can supply then you will notice a dramatic pressure drop. What does the installation sheet recommend for a supply? Regards, Tom
    johnwi3 Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 05:08 PM
    The info I found on it says the mixing/transfer vavle has 1/2 IPS connections. It also says the body sprayers are rated at 2.5gpm max @ 80psi. THe mixing valve comes with 1/2" CC openings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custom shower pans [ 13 Answers ]

I am installing a custom shower pan on concrete, do I need to install a membrane. I normally install over plywood, but I am in Florida, and I am making a custom shower over concrete.

Custom shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

I'm building a concrete shower pan for a 3' by 3' shower stall. Once the bladder is installed, what thickness should the masonary mix be and how much slope do in need to have it drain properly?

Custom Tile Shower? [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning on putting a custom shower in my basement and was not sure on how to handle the floor. The plumbing is roughed in but inside the shower is just a flat concrete floor ( the floor was cut to add the drain.) I feel I need to add some slop to the drain. I heard of a dry mortor bed but...

View more questions Search