Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handyben Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Samsung Blu-ray DVD player will not read disk
    I have a Samsung Blu_ray DVD player model BD-P1000 that suddenly will not read any disk at all, instead it displays the message "disk error". Does any body have similar experience and know what is wrong with it? I have some electronic repair experience, just need some hint as to where the problem lies. The player is less than 2 years old and I am hoping it is not the laser that has gone dead.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

May 26, 2008, 09:38 PM
    My only suggestion (other than that the thing is dead) is that the laser lens could use a good cleaning.

You can purchase a CD/DVD player cleaner at an electronics shop... it's a CD that has tiny little brushes on it. If you are feeling daring, you could always open the unit up and very carefully clean the lens with alcohol... the lens and nothing else!

I know that the above procedure has revived many of my CD players, DVD players, and computer disc drives in the past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write Protection On Samsung YP-T8Z MP3 Player. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been trying to delete and add music files to my player but it keeps on bringin up an write protect error stating; "The disk cannot be written to because it is write protected. Please remove the write protection from the volume in the drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR32." I've tried practically...

A disk read error has occurred [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I turned on my computer this morning (running Windows XP) and got the "A disk read error has occurred" and then it tells me to press ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. I tried to do the stuff I knew how to do which consisted of: Going into the BIOS and see that the hard drive was detected (it...

O.S won't read new floppy disk drives. [ 3 Answers ]

xxxxxx OilMan6 :confused: 11 November 2005. 1733 Hrs. Central U.S. time. SUBJECT: Operating system won't read new floppy disk drives. Operating system being used: Windows XP Professional with SP#2. I bought two new Imation floppy disk drives.

View more questions Search