Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 3, 2006, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by howards girl

I would worry if other boys are unnecessarily looking at my sons privates.
    Well it happens. You don't think kids look?

My 2 year old son occasionally puts dirt in his mouth. He occasionally strips half naked. He occasionally runs around screaming "wa wa! wa wa!" don't ask why. It happens.

Sometimes its all three at once.

And yes, he's very curious about all parts of the body.

The first time he saw me come out of the shower he looked at me amazed and in wonder. It was quite flattering. Wished id had that effect on the girls I dated.

Of course the very next day when he saw me changing clothes he giggled and pointed. And laughed some more. So much for wonder and awe.

So the point is, yes, kids are going to notice each other. Unnecessarily or not. My son goes to the gym with me and goes into the locker room. He changes in the showers at the pool. I'm just not going to fret and worry about what is normal curiosity.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2006, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by milliec
    Well dear!
    i know exactly how you feel, and i guess there will be some moments of anxiety, but it will be behind you all, and all will be fine, you'll see.
    mazal tov , and a speedy, full recovery,
    millie
    :)
    p.s. how you healing?
    m.
    Thanks Millie. I'm glad you know how I feel... actually Noah is going to get circumcized next week already! We weren't sure, thought we might have to wait because of him being born early, but the doctor says he's ready, so that's very good! The circumcision is going to be done here at home, since I'm still recovering. It will be attended by the moyl (who is a doctor), the rabbi and of course our family and friends. It will also give people a chance to see Noah as not many have visited yet.

I am healing okay I think. The pain from the incision was pretty bad the first couple of days, but I am an old pro at surgery. You didn't know this but I had open heart surgery when I was 16. That was much worse than this. Plus the doctor made a very clean incision, so says my husband, haha. So it's all good. Still very tired of course, but as I said I have a lot of help with my parents here, and also Alex now that he is feeling a bit better. The children are helping in little ways, too. I swear Noah is never by himself, even when he's sleeping, haha. Someone is always holding him or admiring him. He's going to grow up conceited! ;)
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2006, 02:41 PM
    I would worry if other boys are unnecessarily looking at my sons privates.
    Well as kp said, I think it's going to happen... not in some gross way but just because kids are curious. My son is probably going to play sports too, just like his father and older adoptive brother, and so he will be showering and changing in front of other boys. And from what my husband has told me about boys, well... haha, I don't want to get into it, but they do "compare". So I'd rather he fit in.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 3, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    I swear Noah is never by himself, even when he's sleeping, haha. Someone is always holding him or admiring him. He's going to grow up conceited! ;)
    no. that's growing up loved. =)
    howards girl Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2006, 04:09 PM
    First of all I do have a son, He is circumsized. I was not referring to three year old curiosity but to what seemed to be referring to teens looking at each other.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 3, 2006, 04:19 PM
    First of all I do have a son, He is circumsized. I was not refering to three year old curiosity but to what seemed to be refering to teens looking at eachother.
    If teen boys are inspecting each other penises then there are other forces at hand (no pun intended). We are all different, some have red hair, some have black hair, some girls have large breasts other have small breasts. We somehow all get through that, the ones that don't have problems that go beyond what makes them physically different - usually related to parenting.
    howards girl Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2006, 10:13 AM
    I agree 100%
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

May 4, 2006, 08:22 PM
    We did NOt circumsize our son. Personally we feel it is mutilation. My husband is uncirc and it actually is a pretty great thing. Circumsizion actually cuts off many sensitive nerve endings off the penis. Liken it to having your clitoris hood chopped off. Whatever you choose is a personal choice. But from a womans view, I prefer uncut.

Hypatia
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Well just in case anyone still wants to respond to this thread, it's "too late" as far as my son goes, as he was born on April 28 and circumcized at home on May 7, so just over a week ago. The circumcision went well, the moyl was VERY fast and Noah hardly cried at all. I got a bit emotional about it, cried a little haha, but it was over so quickly and Noah is perfectly fine. It was a success and he's healing well. The big drama was my brother-in-law fainting during the circumcision and hitting his head hard on the counter, LOLLL. I think he suffered worse than my son did.

Anyway thanks again for all the responses to this thread. I'm actually very relieved to have the whole thing over with and out of the way.
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 15, 2006, 07:07 PM
    Orange, is a moyl better at circumcising than a surgeon at a hospital? I am serious about this question. The reason I ask is because you said Noah didn't cry a lot but even though I didn't see my sons but cut they definitely cried afterward.

Not to laugh but I thought those things that happened to you brother-in-law only happened on TV. :p As lon as he is all right, I still find it quite humorous.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2006, 07:19 PM
    Well haha this particular moyl is also a doctor, a family physician. He does all the circumcisions for the Jewish community here, so maybe he actually gets more practice at doing them then a regular doctor does. Plus moyls get special training as a rule. It was very very quick anyway, like it seemed only a minute or so. Actually he was so fast that it kind of scared me haha. But it turned out well.

Well I've only had one son, so I don't know if it's a temperament thing or what, but Noah doesn't cry much as a general rule. He only cried briefly when the circumcision was being performed, and this past week since it was done he cries when he gets his diaper changed, and of course cries if he wants to eat, etc, but I haven't noticed much more crying. Actually I was worried that there was something wrong with him, since he doesn't cry as much as I thought a baby would, but the pediatrician says he's fine. :)

Yeah it was priceless, my brother-in-law fainting! Actually at the time we were kind of annoyed with him because he interrupted the ceremony LOLL. The worst of it is, he's an orthodontist, so you would think he'd be used to the site of blood, with pulling out people's teeth and whatnot. Anyway he's okay, has a bad bump on the head but no permanent damage. :p
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Jul 16, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Congatulations. I say do what you think is best for your particular situation. After all you and your hubby are the ones to live with the results. If you decide not to do it the grandparents will eventually come around and accept your decision. I had my son circumsised 29 years ago with no regrets and no complaints from him. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search