Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lastonestanding Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2006, 12:23 AM
    Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief
    Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed )
    this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ($395:00 )when we learned of it we had to pay all outstanding leins (which encluded the $395.tax lien sold.but not the lawyers fee,which was never stated in open court,the lady judge and the lawyer acted lake they were dateing in court,and she knew that the leins were paid.when i asked the lawyer after the hearing how much was the legal fee's he stated $7000.the tax lein they bought was for the empty lot (rear yard )of her house,it is land locked with no address of it's own,nor is it buildable .this motion is an attempt to get title to both the lot that the tax lien was for,AND they also encluded the front lot with the house on it which has nothing to do with the tax sale.i guess they thinK the judge will sigh this and they will get deed to the lot and the house which is not envolved in the tax case,this is outright attempted theft.I was thinking about WHAT to file ? any ideas everyone ? the motion even has a photo of property they say they posted the notice on and it is the house next door in the front.the rear lot has no address of it's own and the address of the owner of record of course is the address of the house,that they are trying to steal in their motion,i was told to answer,counter sue,file chargeS against them for trying to use the legal system to steal and counterclaim for money."Boy I think is this what WE went to NAM to defend ? THANKS FOR ANY AND EVERONE'S RESPONSES TO THIS I GOT IT IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY,HAVE TO DO SOMETHING REAL SOON,THANKS AGAIN AND GOD BLESS.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2006, 03:45 AM
    What state are you in??
    lastonestanding Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2006, 05:07 AM
    Good Day,Washington Dc.thank You
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 23, 2006, 05:57 AM
    I strongly recommend that you get yourself an attorney to handle this. If the judge finds that the plaintiffs were attempting to use the court to steal the property then they would probably have to pay your legal fees.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2006, 06:15 AM
    Do not do this yourself, some courts are even specific as to the type of font and wording, of different motions.

It appears that if I understand it properyly, they already got the property behind the house for unpaid taxes. Now they are looking at either getting another piece of property by some methoid or trying to perhaps get a right of way to the property.

First of course if the propery they are trying to get is owned, no liens and no tax liens, there is little legal recourse that they have. But if you owe money on a tax lien then it should have been paid to stop such actoins.

Also redemption laws ( buying back) property sold at tax sales very from state to state and I don't know DC tax redemption laws, but most areas give the previous owner a certain number of months to years to buy back property sold at a tax sale for the amount of the sale plus interest and improvements. ( I buy a lot of tax properties myself)

A lawyer will sit down look at all your deeds, review all the tax documents from the court house, review the legal cases on this property and know what your rights are and what they are not. If tax money is owed on the property they are trying to get, it will need to be paid.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Hello last:

Motions for summary judgment don't come out of the blue. You are sued first. You need a lawyer NOW, and you needed one when they first served you. If you try to do this yourself, now, you're going to lose EVEN THOUGH YOU SHOULDN'T.

Yes, we went to war to defend our legal system. Ok, we have a legal system. USE IT.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summary Judgement [ 7 Answers ]

How much time do we have to respond to motion for summary Judgement?

Motion to Continue [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are tyring to reconcile. I have already filed a motion to continue with the court. Is there any way to get a motion for leave from court or a motion to stay to see if we can work things out without having to refile for divorce if they don't workout? Thank you for your help. ...

Replace 3 way switch with motion 3 way [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have a 3 way switch setup today that works and I now want to replace one of the switches with a motion sensor. I purchased the Levition PR180 to do the job. (at least it says is can). The setup I have current is 1st box - power comes in Light fixture is attached ...

Motion to vacate judgement [ 1 Answers ]

All my money in my bank accounts are currently frozen due to a judgement. The collection agency is demanding I pay the total amount due up front. I do not have this money. I called the courts and they said I need to file a motion to vacate the judgement. I am willing to let them garnish my...

Brownian Motion [ 2 Answers ]

In simple terms, what is the cause of brownian motion?? THANK YOU... THANK YOU!

View more questions Search