Ask
    haywardd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2004, 07:25 PM
    When did WW2 start and finish?
    When did ww2 start and finish and whyn did t start pleas give in dtale
    DeathBlade Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2004, 04:23 PM
    Re: ww2
    World war 2 started mostly because of hitler's rise to power, however the situation in europe since the beginning of world war one hadn't been fully resolved. After world war one ended, Germany was pretty messed up and that allowed Hitler to rise to power and start trying to take over the world.
    bodbod Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2004, 03:39 PM
    Re: ww2
    Ww2 started 1 sept 1939
    And ended 14 aug 1945
    eoin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2005, 09:09 AM
    WW2 started
    I suppose WW2 started when Germany invaded Poland. Britain had treated to declare war on Germany if it did so, and that's just want happened. You could agrue that WW2 started before that, i.e when Germany invaded other Germanic speaking areas in Europe but most countries thought fair enough, they are German speaking, and their was some hard land reductions on Germany after WW1.

Check out the link WW2 letters from soldiers for more information about WW2.
    senator Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 08:48 PM
    Why did WWII start
    The above answers are good, but I feel that it needs to be mentioned that the Allies of WWI were so harsh in their treatment of Germany for losing that war that it was one of the main reasons that Hitler was able to come to power and start WWII. No war ever has cut and dried reasons for happening.
    Sturmgeschutz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2006, 04:41 PM
    The end and beginning are both debatable. You could say it began at the end of World War I, when the victorious allies decided to punish instead of rebuild their conquered foes, leaving a power vacuum for madmen like Hitler to rise in. You could also say it ended with the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, with the official Japanese surrender on the deck of the USS Missouri, or when the Soviet Union was recognized as a threat and all efforts geared toward helping rebuild nations hit hard in World War II were geared, sometimes doing the same rebuilding, to winning support away from the communists.
    ChRiStInE_n Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 11:06 AM

1. The 2nd world war started because adolf hitler hated the Jws. He hated them because he thought they were rich and were better than him. The main reason it started was because the citezins voted hitler into president. He then closed down elections so he could not get elected out.
    ak-47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 03:27 PM

World War 2 actually ended in 1990 because it was GERMANY who started it and at 1990 there was EAST and WEST GERMANY NOT GERMANY then they united to form GERMANY again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Going to finish my basement... [ 7 Answers ]

hello. I'm starting the infamous "basement project". For starters, the floor is not level. The house if about 45+/- years old. It's not on a huge or uncomfortable pitch, but the floor leans slightly to the floor drain. What I'm wondering really is where the 3 floor support posts are under...

Basement Finish [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of finishing my basement, about 800 sq ft consisting of a bedroom, bathroom, and rec room. There are three existing heating vents, one in the bedroom and two in the rec room. I am thinking of adding a vent in the bathroom and another in the rec room near a window. This is...

Boyfriend Can't Finish with me [ 13 Answers ]

Hi there. My boyfriend has not been able to finish while having sex with me since December of last year. We have sex on a regular basis, and he says he truly does enjoy it, but can never get that build up. It frustrates us both because he has always had some trouble, but was able to do it before...

Basement finish [ 1 Answers ]

Does a 20 amp breaker require 12/2 wiring? Also, is there a standard number of outlets and lights (2x2 flourescents) that are standard on a 15 amp breaker (code states 2,880 watts maximum, but I don't know how many outlets this equals).

I need to finish school, but don't want to end it. [ 4 Answers ]

I fell in love with a beautiful woman at my original school, but she moved away the next semester because she didn't fit in. We did the long distance relationship for nearly eight months (our total time going out is thirteen months). So, to show her how strong I felt about her and to try out a...

View more questions Search