Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

May 10, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Which is the best browser right now?
    Hi everyone

I want to know which browser have the best speed, organize, popup protection, and everything you can think of.

Thanks
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 06:18 PM
    On this group you'll probably get a lot of recommendations for Firefox.

Organization is a personal thing, so no one can really tell you that. For instance, even though I use Firefox for almost everything, I can't stand the bookmarks and wish they were like IE. (I don't like that menus popping up on menus, like the Start menu does. I've hated that since it came out with Win95.)

I have to use IE for work and a few other things, but mostly use Firefox. The main reason is I feel it's more secure. You still have to put in settings for the popup blocker, cookies, images, etc. but overall Firefox does a lot of security stuff automatically and there's not a lot less settings to mess with. For someone who likes easy, that works well. IE can be a bit difficult to figure out all those settings and get it to a safer place. (If you know what you're doing and like all that tweaking, I guess that's fine.)

But I'll go both ways, the bad with the good. I think the biggest downfall of Firefox is that some sites don't look quite right. Your average person probably does not test on different browsers at different resolutions, etc. but the big commercial sites should. But I swear they don't. Like my AT&T email -- they made "enhancements" to their pages (in other words, they ruined it), and I guarantee they never tested it on different browsers. I only know some decent basics about web design, and even I knew part of what they screwed up cause someone wasn't paying attention. That's a darn big enough company that they could hire some good people to not make those kind of stupid mistakes on their web page. But if they design for any one specific one, it's generally going to be IE.

But Firefox, and other things like Opera, are becoming more popular, so hopefully that'll start changing more.

That is of course one opinion. :-)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Morgain:

I basically agree with you especially the bookmarks thing. I wish all the browser guys would get together and create some sort of database based system that all the browsers can use.

Firefox can be customized with various add ins.

In fact there is an add-in that will render the page in IE. So when it doesn't work, just hit the icon to render the page in IE.

One good thing now with Firefox is if it or your PC crashes, Firefox will ask you is you wan to restore the session.

Recently Safari has been made available for the PC. Bookmarks on Safari are much wore than Firefox. Right now, it's not behaving properly on many pages.

I use Opera Mini 4 and Opera mini 3 on my cell.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 08:06 PM
    I swear by Firefox. I would uninstall IE if I could.

Hey Morgaine, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419 and download IE Tab. This add-on allows you to render the page using an IE engine just by one click. (I think that's the one that KeepItSimple is talking about.)
    mikezapwnzor Posts: 99, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 09:36 PM
    Firefox. Case closed, meeting adjourned.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 11, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657
    Hey Morgaine, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419 and download IE Tab. This add-on allows you to render the page using an IE engine just by one click. (I think that's the one that KeepItSimple is talking about.)
    I'll have to check that out. I've never really had time to look at or mess with the addons, unfortunately.

I would've sworn I used to have instructions of how to uninstall IE but can't find it, if it existed. I did find how to uninstall outlook express though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web Browser [ 1 Answers ]

I do so hope that someone can help me with a problem that I am having.I only use Real Player for audio but each time I try to listen,the player comes up and then stops connecting and I get a general ERROR has occurred.I click on the more info tab and it says"Unable to launch web browser.Please...

Browser is being hijacked [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, my browser has been hijacked, and every time I click an result in Google I get redirtectyed to an undesirable site, have ran nod32 and spy sweeper both as administrator in safe mode without result. Here is the latest hijsckthis is as follows gfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at...

Ie 6 browser [ 3 Answers ]

How can I reinstall i.e. 6 after being unsuccessful in installing i.e. 7?

Hijacked Browser [ 2 Answers ]

I got to this forum because I did a search for "DSO," which is what spybot said I have. I think I effectively removed it following all previous instructions. Thanks. But, my problem still remains... When ever I open IE browser it is hijacked to http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010 and I can't use the...

View more questions Search