Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Feb 22, 2006, 10:38 PM
    Block MSN Messenger
    Does anyone know how to stop MSN messenger from working on a PC? I have found many articles that say they can stop it but they only seem to stop Windows Messenger. I know I can just uninstall it but then it can just as easily be re-installed. I would also prefer to be able to block it without having to create a limited user account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Feb 22, 2006, 10:51 PM
    Don't worry guys I found a way using gpedit.msc. Open gpedit.msc from start->run then go into user configuration->Administrative Templates->system->Don't Run Specified Windows Programs then just add msnmsgr.exe to the list of programs not to run and there you go. No more MSN.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2006, 05:56 AM
    Hi,
    Nothing like a do-it-yourself answer! Congratulations on finding it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MSN messenger [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: Is there a way to automatically remove/uninstall MSN messenger from Windows 9x every time it is installed in a school environment?

Msn messenger [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway that you can get msn messenger for the psp? :cool:

New kid on the block [ 11 Answers ]

I have been asked to come over here and check this site out by one of you, and so I am here. Some of you know me, some don't. I am not here to argue with anyone. I don't want to banter or name call or any of the other childish things I've experienced on other sites such as this. I love our Lord...

MSN Messenger OR Yahoo Messenger [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you prefer?

MSN Messenger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use windows XP Home and IE 6. I also use MSN Messenger 4.7 and have been trying to download MSN Messenger 5.0 by saving the download to a folder on my hard drive but every time it says it is MSN 4.7 and not 5.0 I hope someone can explain why this happens and what I can do about it. ...

View more questions Search