Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Feb 22, 2006, 09:33 PM
    How to save JPEG into smaller size of file...
    Im using Corel and Adobe... I want to know how to export my work into a smaller size of JPEG file... cause I enccounter this when Im to upload a photo in a site... but it asking me to upload only 110 x 110 pixels and 15k... so I edit my 2 x 2 photo (300 DPI) using photoshop I try to reduce the pexils to 110 x 110 then the res reduce too... When I saved it in to JPEG format but I can't save it lower than 25k... If I reduce the res more down the photo is too blured... :confused:

Help please...
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2012, 07:50 PM
    The first step is to change your DPI. 300 DPI is for printing purposes.

Start by going into image dimensions in Photoshop and change the DPI to 72 or 96. (72 Win / 96 Mac).

Now resize the height and width to what you desire. This will dramatically reduce the size. From there, you will need to work with the compression algorithm to obtain the smallest file size with the least amount of artifacts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Save directory listing to .txt file [ 11 Answers ]

This is kind of part2 to a question long closed. I played with software to do this but did not like the registry changes it made. I'm using WinXP I dug up an old email with "instructions" but cryptic ones to my pea-brain: Me: "Can you remind me how to save a directory listing to file?"...

How to save an image as jpeg without losing its quality [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I need help on how to save an image (as jpg or gif) without losing its Quality. I am using Paint Shop Pro 7 and I tried to blend two images Together after applying the "feather" effect. But once I try to save it as jpg even after applying the lowest Compression for best quality,...

Unable to read file header message when attempting to open jpeg attachments [ 7 Answers ]

I have been unable to open jpeg files that are attached to email for several days! I have tried both Thunderird and Outlook Express and have disabled the block on attachments. No luck! The problem seemed to start when I attempted to load WinFax Pro and had an incomplete installation then when...

Jpeg error #51 [ 6 Answers ]

My images are are fine offline but are in error when I look at the web page on line. What is Quantizitaion table ? Thanks Jim...

View more questions Search